what type of foods are you eating?

tSqrD3
on 4/2/12 4:01 am - PA
VSG on 02/27/12
 Today marks my first day of the soft diet!!!! Im 5 weeks post opt.. and i dont know what to do. I have a hard time eating tunafish or anything breaded. Maybe im not taking small enough bites but i feel like the ones i take are really tiny! I dont know how to eat anything without getting that gross feeling when i feel the food going through my stomach. Any helpful food suggestions?
Im trying...   

acbbrown
on 4/2/12 4:06 am - Granada Hills, CA
 My soft food diet was mostly

Scrambled egg
String cheese
Cottage cheese 
Greek yogurt
Chili
Refried beans
Tuna

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

AmberK
on 4/2/12 4:16 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Mine is the same as acbbrown! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

onemoretry
on 4/2/12 4:09 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I'm still on liquids, but I am looking forward to the next stage. Have you tried eggsalad or chicken salad? What does the food feel like going down? I am asking because the first few days of liquids were strange for me. I could feel every trickle as my water went down and I swear I could feel it dump into the bottom of my stomach.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

acbbrown
on 4/2/12 4:22 am - Granada Hills, CA
That's so weird! I never felt anything! I still don't feel like I have a lot of sensation in my stomach...i think that would freak me out lol.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

onemoretry
on 4/2/12 4:30 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I did not freak me out but it did hurt. The nurse in the hospital said it was normal, I never thought to ask my surgeon. Things got back to a normal feeling around day 5.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

roundater
on 4/2/12 4:54 am - Lincoln, NE

no fat cottage cheese really helped me. 1 cup has 28 grams of protein.

Rich Sonderegger

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/2/12 6:27 am
Avoid breaded stuff.  It's not adding anything healthy to our diets and it can cause discomfort, especially in a new sleeve.  Focus on protein.  Greek yogurt, canned chicken (really soft!), cottage cheese, baked fish, string cheese, eggs (hard boiled, scrambled, etc). 

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views