Six weeks out

LISA C.
on 4/3/12 11:35 pm - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
 and I've only lost 25 pounds.  I knew I'd be a slow loser but I'm pretty discouraged :( 
Daisy_Rose
on 4/3/12 11:39 pm
 Oh no, no, no!  Don't be discouraged!  Are you tracking your food (MyFitnessPal)? Are you watching your carbs?  exercising, walking?  You can do this!  Get your head focused on the outcome and monitor the daily journey!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!  

bigtigger1010
on 4/4/12 12:28 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
As i'm sure many others will tell u... don't compare urself to others... but on the other hand, if we do compare... ur 6 wks out and almost a 3rd of ur way to goal!!! That's amazing, I hafta lose 67 lbs in 6 wks to be 3rd of the way to goal!... those of u who r blessed with less to lose (from what I've seen) typically lose a little slower... but u will still get there!!! ur on a steady journey downward, just keep up the good work an u will get to goal!!! the scale is going down down down instead of creeping up... that's great!

Good Luck!!!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

RockinMama
on 4/4/12 1:11 am - Cordele, GA
VSG on 07/09/12
I think I've heard around here that "Light Weights" may no lose as fast as HW.  I could be wrong though.
Kevin H.
on 4/4/12 1:12 am, edited 4/4/12 1:12 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 What in the world do you have to be discouraged about???  You were a light weight to start with at barely over 200 lbs.   You were not almost 400 like me.  How quick do you want it to come off?  You are blessed and lucky to be so close to your goal!  I still have 150 lbs left to loose, now that is hard to not get discouraged.  

Sings:  "Dont worry .. be happy .."

moonglo82
on 4/4/12 1:18 am
VSG on 03/29/12
When I was on Weigh****chers, my doctor told me that losing 1% of my body weight each week was considered healthy. So, if I weighed 300 pounds, losing 3 pounds in a week was awesome. If I weighed 150, a pound and a half was more like it.

I know that with wls we all want to lose quicker than with "old fashioned" plans, but my point is that even doctors agree that the less you need to lose, the slower it will come off.

I agree with Tigger. You have lost 1/3 of your excess weight in 6 weeks... that is huge! If I did that, I would have to lose 40 pounds in six weeks. Probably not gonna happen.

I think we all get frustrated from time to time, no matter how great we are doing on our plan. Just keep moving forward, and the scale will eventually behave.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

LISA C.
on 4/4/12 2:59 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
Thanks for the encouragement.

Honestly, I just had hoped I would lose faster. The first two weeks I did and then I stalled for a long time.   I haven't gone down a size in clothes yet, although my clothes are of course looser.  I guess I just don't see many changes yet, and it's been six weeks.   

I am working on two goals for now:  getting more fluids in every day and walking at least 30 minutes every day.  I hope if I can succeed at those goals, the weight will keep coming off. 

moonglo82
on 4/4/12 4:00 am
VSG on 03/29/12
It will :) 

Give yourself a little credit... at six weeks out, our newly shaped tummys are just barely healed enough to be released for full exercise.  The fact that you have lost that much while your body is healing is truly something to be proud of.

The changes will come, and you will probably be the last one to see most of them lol.  I know the last time I lost a bunch of weight, I was still trying to cover up my body with baggy clothes, and my husband had to actually say, "but babe... you're not fat anymore.  Quit hiding!" before I realized just how far I had come. 

Just a word about sizes too.  Different brands can run differently.  Why not go out and try on a bunch of different brands, and see if you can wear a smaller size in something you would not normally wear?  I bet you'll be surprised with the results.

Also, have you tried taking any before and after pics yet?  If not, maybe now would be a great time to start.  It's amazing how much more we can see in a picture than in the mirror.

Just keep doing a great job.  You got this :)

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

iammarried31
on 4/4/12 3:53 am
VSG on 03/08/12
Lisa,

I am in the same boat!  I am four weeks out and have stalled at roughly sixteen pounds lost.  I weighted 219 the day of surgery and have seemingly stalled.  I just resumed gym activity, mainly spinning twice a week, but also walk at least three other days per week.  I am so disgusted to think of all I have went through only to quit losing one month into this!  I am impressed by your weight loss, however, so keep up the good work!  I guess we just have to realize that our bodies have been through a major trauma and consider this its "recalibrating period".  A friend of mine put it best when she pointed out that the surgery we have had, at least in the beginning months/year, is almost fool proof so quit obsessing about the amount of loss.  You WILL LOSE WEIGHT!  I am going to embrace that philosophy and hope she is right.  I find it very difficult to eat as few calories as everyone else is saying (600-800) when I burn that much in spinning class.  I am taking in roughly 900-1100 calories daily.  If I only eat 800 calories and go  to spinning class, I will likely pass out!  Keep up the good work!

Chriss

RyanJS
on 4/4/12 4:30 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12 with
We all lose at different rates. I had surgery the day before you and I just know that weather I lose 10lb in a week or 2lb I will get to my goal. You are doing awesome!!!! Keep it up and don't get discouraged as you are losing at a fantastic rate for your starting weight.

Heaviest Weight: 330 Goal Weight: 175 Current Weight: 150
"Hit Goal in 3 1/2 Months!!!"
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"
"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Most Active