Danger! Danger! Red flag!

momsy55
on 4/4/12 3:13 am - ME
I just got back from the grocery store near work, to get lunch.  I walked through the natural food section, on my way to get chili.  I glanced at the freezer, and there it was - "So Delicious" coconut milk dairy dessert, no sugar added.  Intrigued, I looked at the pint container to find that a serving has 18g carbs, but 10g fiber, so only 8g net carbs.  One serving has only 100 calories, though 8g fat.  Sounds good you say, and for some it will be fine.  BUT... I used to joke that ice cream is my favorite beverage.  It was nothing for me to suck down a quart of the stuff in one afternoon or evening.  When I had WLS, I knew the local ice cream place offers a fat free/sugar free line.  I stayed away.  When that place opened last month and we had a week of summer weather, we went to that place and I got a 2 scoop dish of the ff/sf kind - a scoop of each flavor.  No little serving for this addict.  I ate the whole thing, justifying it that is was like having a big glass of skim milk.  This territory is very dangerous for me.  I would not be able to eat just one 1/2 cup serving.  Maybe I could once, or twice, but not for long.  I'd want the whole thing and then some.  My addiction will, sooner or later convince me that I can eat this product, even though the healthy part of me knows better.  So, I am saying publicly that I WILL NOT BUY THAT STUFF!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/12 3:32 am
Good for you! Be strong - I know it's hard!
momsy55
on 4/4/12 3:37 am - ME
Thanks for your support Kairk.  I needed to share my dirty little secret so I'd be more accountable.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 152 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 427 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 445 views