The scale

ostydahl
on 4/5/12 11:25 pm - West Haven, CT
VSG on 03/13/12
how often do you weigh yourself. i can't help but to get on everyday ...is that bad? should i only do it once a week? just curious what everyone else does :) 

debk21
on 4/5/12 11:30 pm - Mansfield, TX
I weigh daily and it helps to keep me on track.  For some people the fluctuations drive them buggy.  If you are one of those people, move to once per week.  Definitely a personal preference.

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

TexasProud
on 4/5/12 11:45 pm - Frisco, TX
I try to weigh only once a week. it can get frustrating otherwise and you become obsessed.

duranie512
on 4/5/12 11:47 pm - OH
I usually weigh daily. I think its nice to see the weight loss daily, I find it to be a reminder!!!

jennygalthin n
on 4/5/12 11:49 pm
I weigh daily just to keep up with my fluid balance to make sure I am not getting dehyrdated cause as a nurse I know that I can only lose fluid that quickly as far as keep track with my nutritional week I  use the number I get on Sundays as good weight lost
Hope that makes sense

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/5/12 11:54 pm
I weigh daily because it helps me stay on track.  But, if you weigh daily, it can drive you crazy when you see stalls and/or small gains.  If this is going to make you nuts, then weigh once per week.  I always try to keep my stalls (had lots of them) and small gains (yep, plent of those too) in perspective.  Only when it lasts a long time or I really veer off course do I get excited... and then it's on me to make the right adjustments to fluids, food and exercise.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

onemoretry
on 4/5/12 11:56 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I think it depends on the person and if they allow the scale to determine their mood for the day. I don't allow it to upset me, so I weigh every day.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

Debra P.
on 4/5/12 11:57 pm - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 I forget to weigh... yeah, right !!!  lol  1x week

dani02
on 4/6/12 12:01 am - Utica, MI
I weigh daily. I am OCD. But I am 19 months out. I figure if I can stay in a three
pound range then I am good. I can fix 3 pounds easily. If I wait a week what if
it goes up and I cant control it. See I told you OCD. But this is my problem.

And I only weigh before 6am. See OCD. And it has to be after my morning
"routine" sorry TMI. But once again OCD.

Do what you need to do.
But live your life

Dani

J.Lo 74
on 4/6/12 1:08 am
I weigh daily as well.  It helps me stay motivated to follow my plan. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views