October 2011 Sleevers Check In - 6 month Surgiversary

ready2Bhealthy2
on 4/6/12 7:28 am, edited 4/5/12 7:51 pm
I have been MIA for a while and wanted to check in with everyone. Our board doesn't get much traffic, so I figured I'd post here. I always feel like I'm a failure, but my friends are quick to remind me how fabulous I look. Their words are kind, but talking to you guys makes it more realistic.

SD: 10/17/11
HW: 286
SW: 269
CW: 217
TL:69
POL: 52
IL: 35.5 total (I only measure once a month)!! Even when the scale doesn't move, the inches do!

Starting shirt size: snug 2xl
Starting pants size: snug 22/24
Current shirt size: Large/XL (oh yeah!)
Current pants size: 16 (double oh yeah)

Although everything looks fabulous on paper, I still see the old me in the mirror. I'm sure it will come with time, but I get so down when the scale doesn't move. It has definately slowed to a snails pace. I'm starting P90X on Monday hoping to jumpstart the entrance into Onderland. I hope you guys are doing well, I can't wait to read your updates! Take care and enjoy your 6 month surgiversary!

SD: Surgery Date
HW: Highest Weight
SW: Surgery Weight
CW: Current Weight
POL: Post Op Loss
TL: Total Loss
IL: Inches Lost

HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
46_11tobeme
on 4/6/12 7:38 am - NJ
 Hey - I had surgery 10/24. My wt has been fluctuating a lot the last 2 weeks, so I am down about 53-54 lbs depending on the day. I am having gallbladder issues - scheduled for surgery 4/17. I have been getting nauseous a lot with the gallbladder so have been eating a lot of crackers (that I dont normally eat) and slowing down on my exercise b/c of the pain - hence the up and down wt the past few weeks. Not looking forward to another surgery - my stomach is going to look like a checkerboard with 4-5 more incisions. Hoping that I feel better after the surgery and can increase my exercise and lay off the crackers (it is the only thing that helps settle my stomach when I am nauseous). Down from a tight size 16 to a 10. Still want to lose another 20 lbs or so - just hoping this gallbladder surgery doesnt slow me down too much.

slimpickins5280
on 4/6/12 8:10 am - CO
Good to see you back ready!

SD: 10/18/11
HW: 222 (highest ever weight was 236)
SW: 215
CW: 170.5
TL: 51.5
POL: 44.5
IL: 20.5

It's going S-L-O-W. Makes me laugh to see people say they are slow losers when they're dropping 3-5 lbs a week. That is NOT slow losing. I lose 1-2 lbs a week - maybe. I'm not the slowest loser, but I know how they feel. Quietly frustrated.

Otherwise life is good. My marriage is wonderful-er (it's always been wonderful). My kids are great. I'm surviving middle school with my daughter - I think.

If I can get rid of this sinus infection, I'll be a happy camper.

Take care and GO October 2011 Sleevers!

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

NUJoyce
on 4/6/12 8:17 am - Hayward, CA
I am 6 months out and the last 3 months I have dealt with my husband leaving, being forced to become a single parent to a 4 year old and my cat of 10 years dying.    The last 3 months I lost a whole 4 lbs.   I am trying to refocus but I am throwing a pity party for myself.

I have lost 61 lbs since I started the journey.... 40 of that since the surgery.

I just purchased an urban rebounder and hope to be able to use that after the little one has gone to bed.   

abrown8434
on 4/6/12 9:26 am - VA
Thank you so much for posting this! As someone who started off so much heavier than you and near the same amount of time, I feel like a failure often too. People say I'm doing so well and look great but I don't see it. I see how much progress I need to make and how much more weight I need to lose.

Either way, I thank God for what I have loss and wouldn't trade my old weight for anything in the world. Keep rocking your sleeve!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

laurahuff65
on 4/6/12 10:45 am
 Hello!  I am a very slow loser! Only 2 pounds every 3-4 weeks. Better down then up regardless how long it takes! Sticking to the plan and doing great! Love my sleeve!!!!

Punkin Bugg
on 4/6/12 11:43 am

Hello, October friend!

My surgery was 10/25 - 5 1/2 mos ago - and since I started using MyFitnessPal on the Kindle Fire I got at Christmas, I haven't been on here as much.

Here are the numbers I know:
HW 283
SW 264
CW 206

I'm only measuring myself with clothes.  I bought new jeans in Feb - 20W - and they are getting baggy.  I love putting on 1X t-shirts that were buried in the closet & I don't have to do the elbow stretch to loosen the hem. :)  Got 2 new bras, and I'm a B cup!  WTH?!

When I read about smoothies and protein drinks on here, I feel like a failure, b/c I just can't stannnd them.  I have to eat protein bars, cheese sticks, Greek yogurt, meat, etc to get to 65-75g of protein/day, but my calorie count is around 1100-1200 and I'm losing, so it works for me.  Labs came back really good last week so again I must be doing something right.  For now, that is! :)

BethR311
on 4/6/12 1:36 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
I had my six month postop appointment Thursday. I feel like I'm losing too slowly, but all (PA, nutritionist and exercise physiologist) are pleased with my progress.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Sassy B
on 4/6/12 1:52 pm
Sassy B
on 4/6/12 1:54 pm
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 238 views