Hello :)

cartersmommy02
on 4/8/12 10:52 am
VSG on 05/08/12
Hi everyone!  This is my first post, but I have spent some time on here the last few weeks reading and educating myself.  :)  My name is Becky and I am 39 years old.  I am having the VSG on May 8th here by a local Bariatric doctor.  Like everyone before me, I am excited, nervous,  and a million other emotions.  I started my journey  on December 1st, 2011.  So my wait has been fairly short compared to most.  I was denied by my insurance due to not being heavy enough and no comorbities.  (Which I feel lucky that I am still healthy, but dang, why can't I at least had high blood pressure the day they took it for the insurance?!  LOL)  So I am a self pay.  Luckily the cost of the surgery is very reasonable and I am blessed enough to be able to afford to pay it.  I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you and continuing to learn from everyone here.   The amount of information is almost overwhelming!  ;)  
Becky aka Cartersmommy02 
frenchgrapes
on 4/8/12 11:02 am - TX
Hello. Welcome.
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
Texdawg
on 4/8/12 11:02 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Best of luck. I was self pay as well and also considered a "light weight". This is a great source of information. You will be happy you did it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views