Sugar Coma - Gateway "Cheater" Food - Article

VeraG
on 4/10/12 12:09 am - Bonner Springs, KS
http://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/08/11058654-first-bite-warning-foods-that-make-you-do-bad-things?lite

I'm almost 2  years out and yesterday had my very first lay on the couch, cold sweat, heart racing, feeling like I was going to die sugar coma.  This happened with just a couple of those damn malted easter eggs.  I don't know what it was about them, but they put me down for at least a 1/2 hour. 

I came across this article this morning about how we really can't just have one bite of trigger foods and thought I would share.  If I can help just one person NOT feel like I did yesterday, it will be worth it.  This just goes to show that you don't have to be a newbie to learn lessons everyday with this surgery. 

Living until I die!

Bonnie L.
on 4/10/12 12:14 am
 Thank you I've been slipping lately and these explains some of it.  
HW-320/ SW-306/CW-265/GW-150

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 12:36 am - dubai, United Arab Emirates
 interesting, thanks for sharing.
Ms. Poker Face
on 4/10/12 12:36 am
Thanks Vera!  I read a book about the effect carbs have on our bloodstream... how the reaction is similar to heroin and other drugs.  This doesn't affect everyone the same, but for me, the effect is HUGE.  I'm carb sensitive, plain and simple.  Carbs are my drug of choice.  Which is why I need to stay far far away or I get in the craving cycle.  And it takes exactly 3 days for me to break the craving cycle. 

This is a must read for everyone!!!!!!!!!  It may not ultimately apply to everyone, but everyone should be aware!!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Rekeca
on 4/10/12 12:45 am - NC
No wonder I can't seem to stay away from Jelly beans. I hate CARBS. If it wasn't for those dreaded addictive carbs I would already be a size 2.  Sorry just had to vent a little. It was a great article.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views