VERY difficult to find items without sucralose

NanfromSan
on 4/13/12 11:17 am
VSG on 12/09/14
Good evening everyone,
I am having a lot of difficulty finding sugar free things (popsicles and puddings), high protein wafers, oatmeal, etc that doesn't contain sucralose (splenda).  So far I have been able to find a shake and the quest bar naturals.  As for sugar free pops, jellos, oatmeals, etc...everything contains sucralose which makes me sick as a dog

If anyone has come across any products that don't contain sucralose can you post here or message me???

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

Pooch2
on 4/13/12 11:43 am
Well I would focus on real food, grains like oatmeal are easy to make, chicken and fish, fresh fruits and veggies.   Your still pre op right, so you can eat all these things, now and then you can find food without this sucrose in it, your not alone in that.... for protein powder I used this all natural one during my pre op weight loss, no sugar substitutes, mixed it with Kefir and some frozen berries, yummy, Its in most health food stores..

All Natural Whey 2.2 lb - Natural, Vanilla & Chocolate Flavors
For protein snacks, eggs, cheese, jerky, turkey peperoni, Greek yogurt, quality cold cuts, beans, nuts etc..   Its going to be a bit harder for you because no cal sugar substitutes are in so many snack and convenience foods but you can do it and you will be healthier for it.   Figure out if you can tolerate any of them to open you choices, ones like; stevia, sugar alcohols, etc....and then use the ones you can handle but basically real food is the best anyway....  I hope other who have this issue will give you more ideas too...
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
BethR311
on 4/13/12 11:51 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I think Jay Robb has no artificial sweeteners. You can get samples and full sizes at Vitamin Shoppe. I use stevia when I can, in Greek yogurt etc.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
NanfromSan
on 4/13/12 11:53 am
VSG on 12/09/14
Yes I'm pretty much eating normally right now for pre-op.  This is my last month though.  I was starting to wonder what I would do during hospital stay and the first few weeks at home.  I can do broth and yogurts, but anything sweet or "sugar free" would likely contain the splenda. 

Thank you for posting that protein powder.  I did buy a vanilla and chocolate brand shake that is sweetened with stevia.  I tolerate stevia, xylitol, erythritol and all the other "tols" fine.  For some reason Splenda gives me a migraine that keeps me bedridden and wretching the whole day long.

I guess I'm reading about what others are eating right after surgery and my brain keeps saying "But YOU can't have that..."

Marabell
on 4/13/12 12:20 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
aits tuff finding it for sure heres a couple of shakes

tryabouttime.com
syntrax.com

as for the jello....i personally havent found any so i plan to make my own with unlavored geletin
and mix it with either crystal light PURE (stevia) or unsweetened koolaid and use stevis instead of sugar

i will also make my own popsicles

good luck

bbearsmama
on 4/13/12 12:20 pm
RNY on 02/28/13
I had an Arbonne protein shake the other day and it had no artificial sweeteners. My friend let me try a sample of hers so I don't know the calorie count or protein content. But Arbonne is all about being "all natural."

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

Kabooboo
on 4/13/12 12:22 pm
My problem is finding things without aspartame- I look for things with Splenda! Nutrasweet gives me an extreme headache.  I have been worried that I would only be able to find sf popsicles, jello, etc... with nutrasweet. Which ones contain Splenda?

asweetiepye
on 4/14/12 12:05 am
Walmart has a popsicle called Philly Swirl  Sweet delights.I comes in a 10 pack. 14cals/pop It is made with splenda. It's like 1.88/box. I like them as do my kids so if you have kids greab a box of the regular ones too. LOL!

Andrea- HT- 5' 7" HW-286 SW-265  CW-153.6
Morgan S.
on 4/13/12 12:39 pm - El Cajon, CA
VSG on 01/20/12
I do all natural.

Protien powder I use Jay Robb whey.
NO sugar free pops, jellos. You can look for vitamin water, made with stevia and make your own pops.

Otherwise, you just have to do with out. It gets easier.
NanfromSan
on 4/13/12 12:51 pm
VSG on 12/09/14
I actually froze some of my protein shake in the popsicle tray we have.  It was okay.  I added orange extract.  It tasted like an orange creamsicle.  I have that Pure Crystal Light powder.  I didn't think about that.  Fantastic idea!!!!  I can make popsicles with that too.
The unflavored gelatin sounds like a great idea too. 

Thanks so much for everyone's help!!!

To the person that asked about the stuff containing splenda- All the stuff I looked at on the bariatric pantry website (puddings, cookies, pancakes, oatmeal) had sucralose in it.  I didn't pay attention if they contained aspartame in them though.  Take a look: 

http://www.mybariatricpantry.com/Bariatric_Foods_s/7.htm

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 221 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op