3 weeks post-op and am worried!

lmf1964
on 4/17/12 7:38 am - MI
VSG on 03/28/12
I had my VGS on 3/28 and haven't had any problems.  Today for dinner I consumed an entire bowl of soup.  It was a heavier creamy type soup.  I am so scared that I have strectched out my stomach.  I feel a bit bloated but don't feel nauseous or anything like a lot of people do when they eat too much.

HELP . . . . .what is going on?

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'     
emelar
on 4/17/12 7:41 am - TX
Liquids, even heavier cream soups, move right through your tummy.  Even so, if it makes you feel uncomfortable, stop!  And no, you haven't stretched out your sleeve.
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/12 7:43 am
I want you to find Frisco's post on the pyloric valve and learn how your new anatomy works.  This will be very helpful to you in working with your body rather than against it.

The soup is a liquid and just goes right through your stomach and through your mostly open pyloric valve into your small intestine.  You are not feeling the restriction because of the lack of density in your food choice.  Once you are eating denser food, your restriction will show up. 

You might consider limiting the heavy cream soups since they are slider foods and contain huge amounts of calories. 
slimpickins5280
on 4/17/12 7:56 am - CO

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

lmf1964
on 4/17/12 8:02 am - MI
VSG on 03/28/12
Thank you so much Elina.  I did find the post and it was VERY helpful!

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'