Any good recipes for Pureed stage?

lmf1964
on 4/17/12 8:05 am - MI
VSG on 03/28/12
I am 3 weeks post-op and am the pureed food stage.  Can anyone suggest any good food choices and/or recipes?

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'     
louisamay
on 4/17/12 8:12 am
VSG on 04/27/12
For something fast and easy several people have recommended the refried beans from Taco Bell. You can buy a small cup of them and they come with a little cheese melted on top.  They are really mush, no bean texture left in them.  As somebody who loves Tex Mex, I have a feeling that may be my first.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

landdnurse2
on 4/17/12 10:05 am - Midwest City, OK
Go to the world according to eggface and search for the ricotta bake. It is awesome!

HW 321 (9/08) SW 312 (1/11)  Pre-op 280 (11/1) Surgery 270 (12/11)
happyteacher
on 4/17/12 10:12 am
 Here is my favorite from that stage:

Scrambled egg with fat free feta cheese crumbles (Sams Club) and smoky tabasco sauce.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/17/12 10:14 am

I had to blenderize everything for my mushy phase.  Added enough liquids so that the end result was of applesauce consistency and slid off a spoon.  Here's what I ate.

egg salad
scrambled eggs
tuna salad
chicken salad (use canned chicken since it's super soft)
chili
baked fish
laughing cow cheese wedges
ff refried beans with a little melted cheese
cottage cheese
ricotta cheese
the lowest carb cream soups I could find and then I added protein powder to them
ff plain greek yogurt (added a little splenda and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice)
no sugar added applesauce
sugar free pudding
still used protein shakes, broth and other liquids to supplement mushies

I got creative with the flavors I added to things.  I used different spices and liquids to switch it up.  I must have made my chicken salad ten different ways: ff mayo, greek yogurt, dry hidden valley ranch seasoning, dry mustard seasoning, mild buffalo sauce, ff sour cream, etc.

Once you get past the mushies, I highly recommend you drop the carby items (applesauce, pudding, cream soups, etc).

Hope this helps!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

TammySJ
on 4/17/12 1:46 pm - Davenport, IA
I thought I was in heaven with refried beans! A little cheese on them and it was the best thing ever!! Also cottage cheese was tasty and I even just melted some cheese and ate that. Isn't it amazing how great any food tastes after liquid for so long?? Enjoy! Great suggestions in previous posts

lmf1964
on 4/18/12 7:55 am - MI
VSG on 03/28/12
Thank you all for the great suggestions.  I have to say I did try the refried beans with some cheese today and BOY WAS IT DEELISH!

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'