In n Out Burger...

TheBiscuit
on 4/18/12 5:20 am - TX
 ... kinda sucks. Maybe it's more enjoyable if you eat the bun and all the trimmings, but seriously? I'll stick with my homemade stuff. The "spread" is alright, I guess, but hardly worth the calories. 

It never ceases to amaze me how people flock to eat this stuff en masse when it isn't even good to begin with. I mean, if I'm going to shovel in 1,000 calories, give me a piece of cheesecake from a 5 star steakhouse. 

Nevermind me, just musing on old eating habits and boggling at those around me now that mine have been corrected.
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

louisamay
on 4/18/12 5:23 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Word.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/12 5:36 am
Can't disagree but better than some other fast food burgers, like say McD's.

My fave is made from fresh at home on the stove.  With steak sauce on the side, or some mustard and pickle...yum.
royaltys_journey
on 4/18/12 5:40 am - WI
VSG on 06/11/12
Oh boy you guys are tugging at my heart strings here. We're going to have to agree to disagree. lol. I grew up in California and In-N-Out was the gospel. Miss it like crazy living so far away now in Wisconsin and is usually my first stop off the plane when I visit...(obviously going to be making some adjustments on my next visit). I even have an In-N-Out license plate holder that I have lugged around with me for over 10 years. It's definitely better with the bun. I was never a fan of the sauce (but I also don't care for mayo or thousand island on anything) so I usually get it without.
kimbethin
on 4/18/12 6:34 am - CA
They've made the burgers smaller in the past year and kept the buns the same.  Now it's like a grilled cheese with a little bit of meat.  Remember the "where's the beef" commercials.  I've heard a lot of people complaining about it lately.  It helps me stay away from the drive thru!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Pooch2
on 4/18/12 11:49 am
Yep I had one protein style in a pinch, since surgery, not that great and it should have been.....  NOW, I prefer chick fil a in a pinch.....  I like there grilled and unbreaded chicken tenders....Yummy
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
hwag5149
on 4/18/12 6:38 am
Bleh. I had a few bites of a "protein style" one and it was so gross! Not having the bun makes a huge difference. I seriously just threw my food away that's how bad it was and I was starving too!

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

kimbethin
on 4/18/12 6:41 am - CA
The buns are really good, sigh, as I sit here eting my scoop of tuna salad, no bread...
putting one foot in front of the other...        
newme2011-2012
on 4/18/12 5:57 am
I agree.. We went there this summer after hearing so much about them.. Waste of calories and money to me.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

JV_ladybug
on 4/18/12 6:02 am - San Antonio, TX
VSG on 04/10/12
 Agreed! I went to an In 'N Out last year when I went to visit my bestfriend in California. I wanted to try it even though he warned me I'd be disappointed because it wasn't nearly as good as our favorite hole in the wall burger joint in San Antonio. He was right. At least I can say I tried it and didn't care for it.

Starting: 284. Op Day: 264. Current: 185.80. Goal: 180.
Main goal: To be able to take the "morbidly" out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views