Postponed again.

cajunlady1958
on 4/18/12 6:00 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
My surgery was supposed to be today. I was in the preop room in my surgical gown and they came in to tell me and 5 other patients that our surgeries were cancelled due to a malfunction in the oxygen system in the o.r. This is the third time and I am past upset I rented a hotel room and rented a car to drive down there and then it was cancelled. I don't have the money to keep doing this and I just don't know if I can handle anymore disappointments. They are supposed to reschedule me sometime in the future so all I can do is wait.
Bennie
on 4/18/12 6:12 am - Franklin Park, NJ
AAWWWW Sorry to hear that.  Keep your head up :)

kimbethin
on 4/18/12 6:36 am - CA
I'm so sorry!  I am really thankful that the malfunction happened before your surgery began!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
tabrielle10
on 4/18/12 6:52 am

Im so sorry this happened to you!  Don't give up and don't give in.  You will be sleeved and this will be a distant memory friend.  Keep your head up.

Kathy G.
on 4/18/12 6:57 am - IL
So sorry.  Take a deep breath and then scream bloody murder into the nearest pillow!!!  Wish I could offer you any better option.  I will keep watch for your next post that says "I am finally sleeved!"

Marabell
on 4/18/12 7:27 am
VSG on 06/07/12
geez that stinks....so sorry that ur going thru this...
but...you will get sleeved and it will all be worth it....just keep your eye on the prize.....i would speak with someone in their administrative or financial dept. to see about even a partial reimbursement for ur hotel and car rental....

mame31
on 4/18/12 9:22 am - RI
VSG on 05/29/12
 Aww so sorry to hear that. I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating and disappointing that must have been.  Can only send you my wishes for a speedy reschedule and a wonderful surgery!

Btw...shouldn't they reimburse you for some of the charges you've incurred due to their cancellations?

Mame31
cajunlady1958
on 4/18/12 10:24 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
thank you all for your caring and kind words. i will look into seeing if there is something they can do about reimbursements but i wont hold my breath. all i can do is stay on my liquid diet until i hear something else.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

louisamay
on 4/18/12 11:26 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Did the hospital have problems 3 times? If so, that's kind of scary.  Where are you having it done?

But honestly, it's like the frustration of having a flight cancelled.  No matter how frustrating and maddening it is, and even if it makes you miss something important, you don't want to be in the sky when something goes wrong!

I'm so sorry.  Hang tight.  Soon you'll be on the loser's bench!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

cajunlady1958
on 4/18/12 12:10 pm, edited 4/18/12 12:11 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
The first time they said the doctor didn't have the right tool. The second time he was at a conference. Guess I just don't have good luck. I'm having it done at Tulane hospital in new orleans. Hes the only doctor that takes medicaid.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views