Sleevers around the Buffalo NY area, Where are you!!!

gmb87
on 4/18/12 10:44 pm - East Aurora, NY
VSG on 01/10/12
I live SE of Buffalo, but haven't seen anyone else close to me on this forum. Where are my brothers and sisters??
Remember  it's bariactric surgery, not brain surgery! You need to get your head in the game!!!!                      
bestofme45
on 4/18/12 11:08 pm
Hey Brother!!I was wondering the same thing! I am pre op and hoping for VSG... waiting for the seminar and then a Dr's appt. How was your experience with Dr Posner? I have a friend who went to Hoffman for a lap band and she has done well. I don't want a band though...VSG for me all the way :) It would be great to hear from other people in the area and what their experiences have been.
Darby361
on 4/18/12 11:33 pm - CT
I went to college at Fredonia.  You live in beautiful country my friend!  I don't miss the snow storms though... I was on the thurway once when they closed it down at Silver Creek.  We had to sit there for hours waiting.  Thank goodness we had a full tank of gas.  Otherwise I have fond memories.

MichelleChoinski
on 4/19/12 12:50 am - NY
Why hello there sir!
I am from Depew.  I saw you on the post awhile back and was going to post to you but I think my kids distracted me or something.
I posted on the NY forum but haven't got any response.
I had Dr. Caruana.  Tough recovery but on the mend now!

How are you?
Michelle

gmb87
on 4/19/12 2:30 am - East Aurora, NY
VSG on 01/10/12
I am well. Had the sleeve done on 1/10/12 and healed very nicely. Having an issue with any local suporters. Can't find any and the wife likes the weight loss, but she doesn't help a lot. The last 40 lbs are going very slooooowly.

How are you? How has the experience been?
Remember  it's bariactric surgery, not brain surgery! You need to get your head in the game!!!!                      
MichelleChoinski
on 4/19/12 4:14 am - NY
I had my sleeve on 2/1/12.  I have only lost 46 pounds so far but I did have complications.  Not the Dr's fault but of my own.
I could not drink or eat a thing.  I ended up having kidney stones and had to have them surgically removed.  I now have gall stones so the gall bladder is coming out.  I also dehydrated so I had home IV fluids.
I just got back to work last Monday.
I am still working on eating and drinking right.  I need to definately go to the support groups for advice and tips.  I am not a creative person at all.  I think sometimes reading too many posts is a disadvantage for me.  I wonder about the carbs.  We eat so little I wonder if we really need to "delete" them from our life right now.
I am definately here to talk to!  I need some support too.  Husband is being an ass lately and putting undo stress on me.
I am still in the "skeptical" stage and wonder if I will ever be thin.  I sure hope so.

Dr. Caruana was great.  He uses a size 36 bougie.  He did the surgery perfectly.  I had so many tests done to see if there was a "mechanical" failure to my sleeve and there just isn't.  I'm a slow healer.  That's all there is to it.  He also does RNY and his partner does the LapBand.  Dr. Pham is no longer with Synergy and has opened his own practice.

I am totally game for a meetup sometime!
I NEVER in a million years thought this was going to be as tough for me as it is.  I guess having two little ones at home doesn't help.

bestofme45
on 4/19/12 3:00 am
I too found it strange that there were so few people from our area. I know people are getting the surgeries, so I guess I just assumed that the Dr's were providing resources for support or maybe there was a private local board somewhere....I think I might understand better after the seminar, but shee**** seems like I'll never get there sometimes.
and no one to ask...
Does Dr. Caruana do VSG too? I thought he was all lap band and RNY...?? I'm curious to see what the difference in your experience was since one of you on this thread went synergy and the other kaleida.. I am pre op so any info/insight would be great.
ok, ttyl..Have a great day!!
Jg404
on 5/3/12 8:41 am - NY
 Hi, I'm from west Seneca and will be having my surgery may 30. With Dr Carauna.  I'd love to hear how my neighbors in the Buffalo area are doing.  Any advice/helpful hints?
gmb87
on 5/3/12 10:10 pm - East Aurora, NY
VSG on 01/10/12
You will do fine, it will be here before you know it. Theres always space on the losers bench for another. and this is one time being called a loser is a good thing. Any support I can lend don't hesitate to ask. if you want to talk or have questions I can try to answer them, but as far as advice be sure you are ready for a permanent life change.

Welcome to the club!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 353 views