NSV x2

Milo_529
on 4/22/12 6:43 am, edited 4/22/12 6:44 am

NSV 1...The Saturday before Easter, I mowed my enitre lawn and raked it also.  Now, this doesn't seem like much, but, I haven't mowed in years and the last time I did, I was panting and sweaty and thought I would have a heart attack.  This time, it was midday, no red face, no sweat rolling off me and my pants weren't stuck to my thunder thighs!! 

NSV 2...Now, I know this is bad for me.  I know many of you will feel the need to tell me the risk of skin cancer I'm taking.  That's ok.  I give people that lecture too. Let me apologize to anyone who has faced that horrible disease, I do not mean to upset anyone with this.  But it's my NSV!!  Anyone who lays in tanning beds knows there is a weight limit on many of them due to possible breakage.  For many years, I've not been able to use the beds, but had to go to the booth if I wanted to tan indoors.  This week, I got to use the bed!!  And no one looked at me funny or whispered to me that maybe i should use the booth!! 

Hope everyone is doing great.  I've been on a stall for a while due to adding too many carbs back in.  I'm getting back on track though.  Keep it up fellow sleevers!!

PennyJoy
on 4/22/12 6:52 am

Congratulations on your mowing victory!  I can relate.  Just be careful in the "oven".
Hope you can tolerate a newbie question.  What the heck does NSV stand for??
Thanks

Penny Joy    
Nadurra Deb
on 4/22/12 11:37 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I can answer this! I just learned today that NSV = non scale victory. Cool huh!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Milo_529
on 4/23/12 10:08 am
OOps!  you're right..I said non-surgical, but it's non-scale!  Thanks

Milo_529
on 4/22/12 9:48 pm
Thanks Penny.  And I had the same newbie question.  It's Non-surgical victory.  Good luck!!

Brenda777
on 4/22/12 7:14 am
VSG on 03/19/12
Those are awesome victories!  Yeah!  That must have felt amazing to be able to tan when you wanted too.  Keep rock'in the sleeve, darling!

HW: 318.6  Pre-surgery Weight: 268.6  CW: 149 Sleeve Date:  March 19, 2012
- 169.6  pounds!  Doctor established medical goal weight = 165. I lost 50 pounds before getting sleeved.  Current BMI = 27  Original starting BMI = `58.3  Tummy Tuck: 01-04-13

Jackie00
on 4/22/12 7:16 am
I hear ya on the tanning beds, I did however always enjoy the stand ups but it is nice to be able to relax in the lay downs. I always had a hard time with the lay downs with the bad back but able to swing my way out of them now. I just don't like laying in the sweat either but it is all good, I can't do a full session in one because I find I get too hot but easy to ge****er in again after a session.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views