Ouch. Almost 2 wks out baby kneed my tummy

Celie
on 4/23/12 12:37 am - CA

Okay my dear post-op VSG people, my tummy is sore daily as it is.  I had my sleeve on 4/10 so I'm not quite two weeks out yet.  Yesterday I had a coulple oops and ouch moments and now I'm not sure if this soreness should be a concern. 

1st mistake, I crawled from the front seat to the back middle seat in between two carseats so that I could let my momma take the from (we'd just picked her up from the airport).  I've done this maneuver a few times before, but obviously prior to getting my stomach cut out LOL.  Well in the course of moving my tiny self to the back seat I felt a sharp pain, very similar to what I feel if I bend over or somehow scrunch my tummy too much.  I usually take this as a reminder "hey dummy you just stapled me, quit moving so much".  Yesterday's hurt a bit more. 

Then ouch # 2 happened while I was streched out on a couch trying to give said tummy a break and my 21 month old decided to visit her mommy and crawled up and inadvertetnly kneed me in the tummy.  

I am pretty sore today but last night I even felt a little burning behind one of my incisions. 

Should I just assume that the staples are tough enough and my insides probably just got a little bruised yesterday, or do i need to worry and get into see Dr. Cirangle???

angel22z
on 4/23/12 12:54 am - FL

Something similar happened to me two days out, I was lying on the couch dozing and my three year old decided to jump up on me knee first- I screamed in pain and scared him to death (he went in his room and cried and wouldn't come out for 20 Min's) It was painful!!!! and I was still sore for a day or so after but nothing was damaged.

So the point... you are most likely fine w/ the titanium staples and sugery glue (as you can see the incisions on the outside did not open) but if you are concerned a phone call to the doc doesn't hurt.

SW: 288 CW: 231 GW: 145 Surg Wt: 268        
Celie
on 4/23/12 1:11 am - CA
 Ouch for you! I hate it when I scare my muchkins and they cry, but this stuff HURTS LOL. 

Thank you for the feedback!

angel22z
on 4/23/12 1:23 am - FL

Yeah I felt really bad that I screamed like that but I couldnt help it. To this day he still asks to see my "boo-boo's" I have explained to him that he didn't cause them by jumping on me but I think that he thinks he did:(

SW: 288 CW: 231 GW: 145 Surg Wt: 268        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 442 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views