Getting Sleeved Friday & I have silly questions.

louisamay
on 4/25/12 4:36 am
VSG on 04/27/12
In no particular order:

What did you wear home from the hospital?  I'm assuming anything like jeans that has a button waist is a problem, since my tummy will be sore?

What did you wish you had taken with you that you didn't even think of until you wanted it?

How woozy were you at the hospital afterward?  Able to read, listen to iPod, or just totally in a haze?

Once you were home, how much time did you spend in bed? How much time were you supposed to spend in bed?

Did you need help getting in and out of bed?

What questions am I forgetting to ask?

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

felicity2u
on 4/25/12 4:42 am - LA
What did you wear home from the hospital? I'm assuming anything like jeans that has a button waist is a problem, since my tummy will be sore? I wore home pajama pants and a big tshirt! I could not have won any beauty contest that day, lol!

What did you wish you had taken with you that you didn't even think of until you wanted it? I wish I would have taken my pillow from home because the hospital pillows suck, lol!

How woozy were you at the hospital afterward? Able to read, listen to iPod, or just totally in a haze? After I go out of recover I slept for half the day but by the night time I was fine and I would have had time to watch tv, or play on my ipad but just had too many visitors!

Once you were home, how much time did you spend in bed? How much time were you supposed to spend in bed? I didn't spend much time in bed, I rested about ever three hours but I did alot of walking up and down my hallways and made sure to get in my fluids and then rested and then repeated this over and over!

Did you need help getting in and out of bed? At the hospital i did becuase of the iv stuff and at home, i just moved really slow getting up and down.

Good luck on your surgery! Hang on for the wild ride!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

louisamay
on 4/25/12 4:46 am
VSG on 04/27/12
MY PILLOW!!!

I am so glad I asked.

Thanks. This was all helpful!

Cortnee Z.
on 4/25/12 4:46 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
 YES! Totally forgot about the pillow thing!! GOOD ONE!! I wish I had taken mine too - I think that's why I didn't sleep good!!

Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
kam0520
on 4/25/12 4:43 am - AL
My incisions were high enough I could have worn jeans, i wore stretchy gym pants and a t-shirt.  

I wish I'd had some crystal light/sf koolaid packets, all they had at the hospital was peach tea and i didn't like it.  

Not woozy, lots of pain.  Kept begging for a pain shot and I'd drift in and out.  I played on my phone when I was awake.  But, since my husband had surgery the same day, we actually spent most of our time walking back and forth with each other because we were required 1 mile walked before we could leave.  

I spent maybe 8 hours a day in bed.  Mainly we sat up in the recliner/sofa.  I couldn't lay on my stomach for some time so I was more comfortable playing on the computer/watching tv etc in the living room.  

No help getting in and out of bed.  

Besure you turn you wear warm clothes to bed, I woke up that first night to go pee and got so chilled I started shaking and O M G that was painful!

Good luck!!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
louisamay
on 4/25/12 4:48 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I'd heard about the cold but never thought about how much it would hurt to shiver!  I will take my warm winter robe.  But how do you put one on over an IV? Huh.  Anyway, I'll take that into consideration. Thanks!

kam0520
on 4/25/12 4:49 am - AL
Sorry should have explained better.  

I was fine in the hospital, this was when I was home.  But they would let me disconnect from the IV long enough to dress/undress.  

louisamay
on 4/25/12 4:51 am
VSG on 04/27/12
So getting cold didn't start immediately (like in the hospital)?  It was something that hit you after you got home?

I've been hearing that being cold is normal, and I like being cold, or rather, I love wearing sweaters, so I'm not too worried about that. Famous last words!

kam0520
on 4/25/12 5:01 am - AL
It didn't happen til I got home.  I'm not always cold now, but I do get cold easier.  

louisamay
on 4/25/12 4:53 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I'm not sure if my response to this posted or not so will try again.

Being cold didn't hit until after you got home, wasn't a prob at the hospital?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views