anyone now hate food?

ajporter14
on 4/25/12 11:51 am - gainesville , FL
 Is food something you dont look forward too anymore, is it just a chore, something you have to force yourself to do? Is there any enjoyment in eating anymore since surgery?! 
Debra P.
on 4/25/12 11:58 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 not yet... but i'm early out.

MichelleChoinski
on 4/25/12 11:58 am - NY
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So bad that I am not eating or drinking a thing!!!!!!  I wish I could get over it!

INgirl
on 4/25/12 12:02 pm
I never lost my appreciation for good food.. now early out, I had very little interest, which is prob why the liquids for 20days didn't really bug me. That changed slowly. At 4mo, I actually started getting physically hungry again.. now I feel normal.

I started enjoying food before then though. Give it time, it will come back. Nice thing is, such little amounts.. make the enjoyment more as you find yourself becoming very discriminating to what you will actually eat! I love to eat now, and have for quite some time.. to the point that between my hunger some days, which sometimes rears up only a couple hours after my last meal.. a lot of self-talk goes on to keep me on the right path. Take advantage of the "meh" days as long as you have them!
landdnurse2
on 4/25/12 12:17 pm - Midwest City, OK
I am almost 5 months out and I enjoy food. Love well seasoned meat and a few veggies. It will become less of a chore and enjoyment.
Eat to live, not living to eat!

HW 321 (9/08) SW 312 (1/11)  Pre-op 280 (11/1) Surgery 270 (12/11)
Stronger1
on 4/25/12 12:19 pm - Charlotte, NC
Some days I feel like that, others I don't.  Sometimes finding a variety of low calorie/low carb/high protein things to eat is so frustrating, I just give up for the day...lol..

I'm almost 6 months out...

calculady
on 4/25/12 12:22 pm
VSG on 04/03/12
 I'm 3 weeks out and I get hungry, especially at supper.

jennygalthin n
on 4/25/12 12:25 pm
food isnt my problem.. I cant believe that I dont want or crave coffee.. I was a cup every  two to three hours.. now I cant even finish my first cup..

46_11tobeme
on 4/25/12 12:43 pm - NJ
I wish. I love all aspects of food - shopping, cooking, and eating! My favorite channel is the Cooking Channel. I eat healthy most of the time and watch portion, stick to protein and veggies, etc. I enjoy eating - just eat less.  You are early out and if I remember the first few months I didnt have much interest in food. But hate - never! ;)  

Jasonm11
on 4/25/12 11:39 pm
Early on I felt like that all the time. I struggled to force myself to eat. Now that I'm well over a year out, I have adjusted to where I don't feel like I'm eating such small amounts, even though I am.

I think what made me finally adjust, was getting out to restaraunts more. Getting back to normalcy. Even though I can't eat but a tiny portion of the huge plates they serve these days, it made me feel more normal. My wife and I generally share a plate or I have left overs for a few days.

So my suggestion, start trying new things, once it is safe to do so for you(I'm assuming your a pre-op?). It will open your mind up to where instead of simply knowing you need to eat, to looking forward to eating a small, but great meal.

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views