Blender Bottle Explosion!!

Evymetalmommy
on 4/26/12 10:15 pm - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
More like user error than explosion.  I figured I would share my morning so you can all giggle at me.  I can almost bet that some of you have done this. 

I get up half asleep and decide to go ahead and make my shake to get it out of the way now.  I put everything into the blender bottle.   I push the cap down to make sure it's closed.  It goes down easy and I think NOTHING of it.  Yeah I start shaking and shake starts flying.  It wasn't closed all the way.  

My kitchen smells like vanilla.  *sighs*  LOL So I get to mop today.
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

Mom4Jazz
on 4/26/12 10:18 pm
My daughter loves to shake my shakes for me. Dunno why - she's a teenager, not a kid - but she does.

On vacation last summer we were staying at a house my husband's sister owns in their old home-town. Chocolate shake. White upholstery. Need I say more?

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Evymetalmommy
on 4/26/12 10:25 pm - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
Oh no!!  I'm so glad I didn't walk into the living room like I normally would while shaking it.  I was just standing in the kitchen. 

GAFROMVA
on 4/26/12 10:42 pm - Alexandria, VA
VSG on 12/08/10 with
 I've done it while driving to work...needless to say I was late to work :) 
Glen
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. 

HW: 565, Surgery Day: 486 CW: 319
Marabell
on 4/26/12 11:05 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
oh boy! hahaha...that is totally something that I can relate to!

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/27/12 1:36 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
I was in a rush and I made mine & stuck it in the freezer for a few minutes hoping it would chill a bit while I got ready. When I opened the freezer, it tipped over and fell out onto the floor making the cap come off on impact. Gravity helped make SURE it got EVERYWHERE! Under the fridge, all over the kitchen and of course I was sticky and covered in it. And yes I was in a rush!

tripmom02
on 4/27/12 2:09 am - NJ
 Ugh, been there, done that! The other day I leaned over to talk to my two year old and started shaking it as I was bent over, well the top was not on at all and I literally threw it all over my little guy. The look on his face was priceless, then both of us just started cracking up. What a mess though!! LOL

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Evymetalmommy
on 4/27/12 2:57 am - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
Oh what I would have given to see that first look of what just happened Mom.    It's good to know I'm not the only one who has done this.

thintotheend
on 4/27/12 2:19 am
Hi,
I sorry about your explosion this morning!

I want to ask you because I noticed you had your sleeve the same day as I did, how much weight have you lost post op?
I know everyone is different but just curious because I am upset about 4-5 pounds since my surgery date.
Thanks and hope your day gets better!
cm
Evymetalmommy
on 4/27/12 2:56 am - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
I'm down 14 lbs from my surgery weight and down 23 from my heighest weight at my consultation 3 weeks ago.   Don't get discouraged.  I didn't lose anything yesterday or the day before but today the scale moved again.  I totally said I wasn't going to weigh daily but I can't stop myself.  I am about to stop though.   Honestly I'm not sooo worried about the numbers yet.  I'm just worried about taking care of myself.  We just went through major surgery and our poor bodies are confused.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views