hair loss! help

megan L.
on 4/28/12 2:09 am - NJ
i got the surgery dec 13th and this is ridiculious they said that i will only have a little hairloss im 20 years old and i run my hands through my hair and a chunk comes out i used to have amazingly thick hair and now its thin with bald spots!

any ideas im taking my vitamins is there anything i can take or do to atleast slow it down?

sidneystuart
on 4/28/12 2:14 am
no expert, but it is one of my big fears so i did look it up, supposed to be temporary, Zinc will help.
Marabell
on 4/28/12 2:34 am
VSG on 06/07/12
make sure you are getting enuff protein....dont guess..track it..also..are you taking digestive enzymes? they help to break down the potein so the body can better absorb it.

with that said...from all that I have learned(pre-op)....hair loss is just part of the deal and is worse for some than others...but that it will come back after body has time to steady and regulate itself

good luck

moonglo82
on 4/28/12 2:39 am
VSG on 03/29/12
My dr also recommended zinc. I need to start taking it, now that I can swallow pills. My husband has also emphasized to me that his dr told him that getting the protein in is a big deal too... so I guess it's a combination of a variety of things, and it's probably one of those things where no two people will have the same reaction to any given treatment, because our bodies are so different.

In the meantime, a lot of people here find that they decide to go to a new hairstyle, adding in or taking away color, etc, to make the hair loss less noticable. Just something to think about if you really feel that bad about it. An updated style can do wonders

Sorry you're having to go through this, but hopefully it will stop soon, and the hair will definitely grow back. Just remember it will be worth it in the end.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Cortnee Z.
on 4/28/12 3:24 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
 I haven't experienced this yet but I have a gastric bypass friend who said she started taking the fish oil chews you can buy on bariatric choice .com. She said it started coming back right away and didn't taste bad!!

Hope that helps!
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
Soccerref
on 4/28/12 4:36 am
I'm taking Biotin for hair lost. It's work for me, after 3 weeks I see my hair growing back.
I hope, its work for you too.

Cortnee Z.
on 4/29/12 1:40 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
My stepmom actually just told me yesterday age takes that too cause he lost her hair to cancer. She loves that stuff!! Says it makes her hair shiny too!! 

Take care :-)
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
Soccerref
on 4/29/12 8:20 am
Just try it, it might iwork for you too. Good luck.

Cortnee Z.
on 4/30/12 12:00 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
 I definitely will!! Thank you!
Cortnee 

Blog: 
Texdawg
on 4/28/12 6:04 am
VSG on 01/17/12
How much protein are you getting each day? My dr said protein zinc and biotin. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views