Updated pics - so depressed

lmf1964
on 4/29/12 5:54 am - MI
VSG on 03/28/12
I took 1 month post-op pics and now I am totally depressed.  I do feel the lose of 31 pounds, but I am a very visual person so I need to "SEE"  a change.  When I looked at the new pics I was so depressed because I don't see any physical changes at all.

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'     
conicuts
on 4/29/12 5:59 am
VSG on 03/23/12
You have to remember it takes time! Your byline says it all..." You WILL be a beautiful butterfly!"
  I'm 5'3" and 54 yrs. old... HW-397 SW-346 CW-282 GW-160

My Facebook ~ Cut by Connie ~ Bee Happy Designs ~ My Weight Loss Journey ~ My Pinterest ~ YouTube

ruggie
on 4/29/12 6:00 am - Sacramento, CA
If you don't know this already, you need to know that your mental image lags.  You should ask other people if they see a change.

What I mean is that is you lose sixty pounds, you're going to feel like you look like you've only lost 30 or 40.  If you lose 100 pounds, you'll think you look like you've lost 75.  Your mental image lags behind your real image.  This is normal, but still challenging.

Also, it's been a month - cut yourself some slack here.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

acbbrown
on 4/29/12 6:04 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Yeah, I hate to tell you but even after 200 lbs, I still see the same 420 lb person in the mirror some days. 

I think you need to spend some time forcing yourself to focus on the positive here. This journey is hard enough as it is - its very easy to get down and depressed, so it takes a special effort to turn it around, but you have to if you are going to keep going. 

31 lbs in a month - I would have died for that number!! Good job.  

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

tall_not_venti
on 4/29/12 6:18 am
VSG on 02/23/12
I did not see a difference at one month whither, but better in the two month pics. If you are not taking measurements, start now. When Tylor mind plays tricks on you, just look at the inches dropped!
Feystorm
on 4/29/12 6:20 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
Also - you could be like me. I was still swollen and bloated til about 4 weeks out. I swear, my incisions made it look like I had more than one belly button!!

Then I woke up one morning - and finally - my pants were loose. Literally, it just finally dawned on me that a difference was there.
ladyshai27
on 4/29/12 7:34 am - SC
 Ive lost 60 lbs  and feel like Ive only lost about 20...Can seem to get with it!
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/12 8:32 am
I just wanted to add that you have always been beautiful. Do not let the VSG determine your beauty for that is always from within, even more so post the WL. Let it determine your health but you are beautiful NOW, yesterday AND tomorrow.

Xoxoxoxoxo,

Rebecca
Kevin H.
on 4/29/12 10:44 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I dont see any pics.  None posted in the message and none on your profile. ???

BTW, its only been a month .. dont be too hard on yourself.  You've lost 1 lb a day .. how can you possible complain about that?

happyteacher
on 4/29/12 12:07 pm
 Try to be patient.  I lost a litle over 50 pounds, still wore the same size essentially, didn't feel any different, and didn't look hardly any different.  When I hit 70 pounds it all of a sudden was HUGELY noticable.  I couldn't go a day at work without people pulling me aside and saying something, I dropped several sizes, clothes started looking much better etc.  Just give it some time :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!