Jeans/Clothes Sizes by Store

Sara M.
on 4/30/12 2:37 am - CA
VSG on 03/06/12
Okay, I haven't lost a ton of weight yet, but I have dropped two sizes and wear a size 18

I normally shop at Lane Bryant, but if you have had a chance to look at their new jeans, they have dye streaks that make it look like your pants are too tight just above the thigh/below the waist.  They fit, but looked hideous.

I decided to try on a pair of pants at Target (size 18) and couldn't really get them on.  Of course, I was bummed, but it got me thinking about jeans sizing and how inflated Lane Bryant might be.

What have you found?

I only have one pair of pants right fit.  I'm not complaining, but I'd like to find another pair of jeans that fit and look nice.

Consult: 270   Surgery: 256   1 Month: 237    2 Mos: 223   3 Mos: 208    4 Mos: 198
5 Mos: 188    6 Mos:178     7 Mos: 169
hwag5149
on 4/30/12 2:41 am
I LOVE the Lane Bryant jeans, red triangle shape. The dye streaks make me look good. I guess it's all about the shape of your body. I have a big stomach, no butt and not legs. For me, Avenue jeans are tighter than LB. I haven't tried other stores yet.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

kimberleyann
on 4/30/12 2:41 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
It is definitely a store to store thing.  I fit a size 16 in my local plus size shop but can't even get the buttons done up on a 16 in a regular store.  So have to try everything on in every store just to get the size right.

slimpickins5280
on 4/30/12 2:42 am - CO
I'm hanging at Kohl's and JC Penny during this weightloss phase. Cheap and I don't feel bad about giving them away in a couple of months.

All my jeans are too big right now, but I don't need a lot of jeans for summer so I'm waiting.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Snowberry
on 4/30/12 2:45 am
VSG on 04/10/12
 I've never bought anything at Lane Bryant, so I can't compare their sizes to anyone else's.  I am now wearing (well, not right this minute) a pair of Levi's that are an 18W.  There is NO way I'd be able to fit in a 18 at Target.  Maybe it's because these are an 18W and not an 18, but they fit nicely.  If you are truly an 18, you might get away with a 16W in these.  I got them at Macy's a few years ago, grew out of them, and am just recently able to fit into them...yay!

AngieB2011
on 4/30/12 3:02 am - MD
VSG on 03/19/12
I think jeans as a whole are just weird and hard to fit. It really depends on the style, material and your body shape. Even my daughter has trouble finding jeans that fit and look well. She wears 6, 8 and sometimes 10.

I was shopping at the Avenue this weekend. In my area, they have jeans for $5.96!! They had shirts and sweaters too. I figured I could splurge 6 bucks for something that fits right now. plus you look and feel better in clothes that fit) So I tried on one pair of 26s and couldn't get them up. I tried on another pair of 26 and they fit fine. At home I have a pair of 24s with a lot of stretch that now fit fine as well. I'm just glad I'm not in 32s anymore.

You just have to try them on.

I did buy a pair of shoe boots. Oh they were so cute and only $10. But they are 9.5W and I wear a 10W down from an 11. I hope I can wear them come Fall/winter. Did I mention they were really cute. lol. I was able to get my foot in them, but they were bit tight. Keeping my fingers crossed.
ib40
on 4/30/12 3:08 am
I know this is a pricier option, but if you need a nice pair of jeans for an event, I have always had excellent luck with Ralph Lauren women's jeans that I purchase at Dillard's (a department store in the South). The cut is generous if you have a lot of junk in the trunk, the cut is nice and they fit well. You can shrink them as you shrink.

When you slip into regular sizes, I've been purchasing the Nine West jeans at Sam's Club now in sizes 16 to 10. They run about $17 each, the fit is excellent, and they are flattering. They also come in a really dark denim color, which looks better than that distressed crap some jeans have.

Nadurra Deb
on 4/30/12 3:11 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Have you tried Old Navy jeans? I think there sizes are bigger, like Lane Bryant, but it depends on the cut and your shape. Old Navy has all kinds of different cuts. They might just have one that works for you. I am normally a 22 (Target/Walmart/Kohl's) but at Old Navy I actually fit in their largest size which they claim to be a 20. I was surprised about that and got all excited like I might have lost some weight only to find that jeans in other stores still fit the same.

I know the names of Old Navy jeans have changed, but since I carry my weight largely in my stomach, sides and back, most plus size pants are way to big in the legs. And since I don't want to make my legs look bigger than they are, I have found the skinny jeans work out really well. The legs are narrower with lots more room for my mid-section.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Mermaid7
on 4/30/12 3:27 am
I've noticed that too about Target.  My fav is Avenue.  Then, J C Penney seems to be another good choice for a price range that is not too crazy.  Lane Bryant is expensive don't you think?
Happy hunting, because it is happier now, right?
Good Luck.

econtiff
on 4/30/12 3:34 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 This certain style of Lee jeans, premium with no gap waistband, I like a lot. They are kinda a trouser style. Anyway, bough some at Belk for $36 excited about the sale then found same kind at Ross for $12. Maybe try Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshall's ?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views