Feeling like a failure....Spank me Ruggie,Frisco and Jimbo!

Kevin H.
on 4/30/12 9:59 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 LOL Jimbo! haha  

ladyshai27
on 4/30/12 10:48 pm - SC
 Jennchap you can spank me too..... Thanks for all the great advice!
frisco
on 4/30/12 1:55 pm

It's rare when my name, Spank Me, honeybun and big piece get connected together !!!!

Your not gonna hear...."awww to bad...don't beat yourself up....try harder next time" from me.....

That's crap !!!

Go look in the mirror......eye to eye..... don't break eye contact.....and ask yourself if you really really want this.......

Straight up.....if you let honey bun cake get in your way ......other bun cakes will also and it would be questionable if you really want this.....????

It's up to you.......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/12 2:59 pm
I know you did not ask for my opinion, but I am going to give it to you anyway.  Your welcome.  :)
When I was losing weight, I had a standing rule for myself.  I never, and I mean never excepted any food offered to me by someone else.  This was my first reaction every time, I would say, "No, thank you".  Later, if I really wanted it and it fit into my program, I would get some for myself.  I learned early that I can't decide these things at the time it is happening. so having a go to rule helped me out of many sticky situations.  I just told myself, "I don't except food from people, period, end of story".  I would do this even if the food was healthy, because it was the act of letting other people choose my food for me that I needed to break.  I needed to have the ultimate control of what I put on my plate and in my mouth.  I hope this helps.  
ladyshai27
on 4/30/12 8:08 pm - SC
 Hey Elina,I forgot about you. You can spank me too. Thats great advice. Ill know next time. I gotta stay on track.
Happy966
on 4/30/12 9:20 pm

What an excellent suggestion!  This is something I have been practicing without realizing it.  I do so much better when I limit my choices around food.  Having other people involved in the equation doesn't help one bit.  Even when they're well-meaning.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Happy966
on 4/30/12 9:40 pm

Let me give you a little different perspective, okay?  Sometimes I think "habit" diminishes the seriousness of the struggle we face.  I don't think of your honeybun run-in as a bad habit.  I think of a bad habit as, say, leaving your underwear on the floor or not capping the toothpaste.  These kinds of food behaviors aren't a habit as much as a something more fundamental.  They're something we do *even though* we know they will keep us from accomplishing our goals and living peacefully with food.  They are serious, and for many of us, persistent.

I have to have lots of strategies to help me make good choices about food when all my instincts are completely schmoozled.  I loved Elina's suggestion about not taking food from others - it's an extension of not eating food we don't plan to in advance.  I have ask myself every day to remember I'm broken in the food department, or I'll get myself in trouble.

I post a lot about my struggles because I really worry I come off as sounding like "I'm perfect, what's wrong with you?"  I'm not perfect.  But I think our society in general talks about food problems like they're simple matters of bad choices or can be fixed by understanding how to read a nutritional label.  My experience has been that my food issues are fundamental and serious.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

jimbovsg
on 5/1/12 4:14 am
   Hey baby...if a spankins you want....a spankins you get!  Ruggie can do it...but will take no pleasure in it....Frisco....well as small as he is.....he might not even raise a red mark.....but at 6' 2" and 230lbs....I'll leave my hand-print on dat ass!  It'll be there for a month to remind you to be "good" next time!  I'll help out in any way I can baby!   Lol! 
   Seriously....Next time you are tempted eat dense protein first....especially if you know that stuff will be served.  Try to be as strict as you can till you get to your goal.....then decide if you want to incorporate more "treats" in your diet.   Then you won't need me to spank you....unless you ask real nice!    

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

camsmom7
on 5/1/12 9:00 am - IN
you crack me up!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views