Feeling like a failure....Spank me Ruggie,Frisco and Jimbo!

ladyshai27
on 4/30/12 11:00 am - SC
 So my coworker made a honeybun cake and brought me a BIG piece and I ate over half ot it......WTH is wrong with me. I just read Ruggie's "rant" and still fell off the wagon......

Somebody wash my bad habits away! UGH!
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/12 11:12 am
be careful what you ask for girlfriend, you just might get those spankings!

Just get back on the wagon tomorrow and think about that hot dress you'll be rocking at the ATL meetup and you'll burn those calories off in no time.

ruggie
on 4/30/12 11:43 am - Sacramento, CA
My rants don't prevent mistakes - even my own mistakes, I'm afraid.

I'd totally spank you if you were a guy.

I think the question to ask here is - what are you going to commit to doing the next time a coworker hands you a BIG piece of junky carbs?  There will be a next time, right?  Prepare for it now - decide how you will respond now to this future event.

Also, the guilt would totally make me exercise....

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

ladyshai27
on 4/30/12 11:48 am - SC
Thanks Ruggie and Ro... i am definately hitting the gym HARD tomorrow!
BETHC500
on 4/30/12 12:02 pm
Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and plan for the next time temptation happens. At my office, somebody is always bringin in home made this or that... or somebody has a birthday etc...  I just avoid the place where the sweets are and I make sure I have my food with me along with snacks or whatever.  we all make mistakes the question is what do we learn from them??? Take care

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/12 1:20 pm
Stop it, stop it, stop it - the bad choices and beating yourself up.

Here is what works for me (most of the time): I am in the presence of a piece of delightfully dangerous crap food. I stop, look at it, and ask myself, "How will eating this piece of _________ (fill in the blank) help you achieve your goal?"
That usually does it. If not, I make myself leave it alone for 5 minutes. By the end of the 5 minutes I don't usually want it anymore. I let the craving pass. If I eat it, then it is by choice and not mindless.

Ruggie mentioned earlier today in a post about the not being perfect excuse. It was very true of me. I would go along for a few days, weeks, sometimes a couple of months being PERFECTLY on plan. Then I'd have one slip and let it all go to pot - often for months on end and of course gain everything back. Just know that you can not be perfect, never will be perfect and you will have bad food days every so often. You're human, after all. But remember, it's a choice to put crap in your mouth. You are in the driver's seat.

When I mess up, I own it, log it and move on. It's probably the single best thing I've learned to do in this process.
hwag5149
on 4/30/12 1:37 pm
I guess I'm playing devil's advocate here when I say that I don't think anything is off limits. I do say that being a month and a half out and eating cake is no bueno (I think that's what it said.) I did something like that at a restaurant and I freaked out for 2 seconds and I got over it. 99% of the time I say no to all sweets. I do have bites on very rare occasions, and I mean rare, but that once I super overdid it. I knew it was my choice and I know that all I have to do next time is say no... if that's what I want. It's really as simple as that. Dessert is not a necessary part of meals so I feel that it's much easier to say no to them. If you can't control yourself with 1 or 2 bites, then don't even accept the cake at all. I don't look at it as falling off the wagon because that's all or nothing mentality and that's how I got to the size I am. I simply look at it as making a choice. All of our choices have consequences. That choice likely doesn't have any immediate consequences, however if the behavior continues regularly, there may be negative consequences. Your choices are up to you.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Kevin H.
on 4/30/12 1:46 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I had a small piece of cake on my birthday last week .. does this mean I can ask to be spanked by Jennchap?  

Jennchap
on 4/30/12 3:08 pm - CA
 Give me a whip *****
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

jimbovsg
on 4/30/12 3:35 pm
On April 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM Pacific Time, Jennchap wrote:
 Give me a whip *****
I think I still have it......I'll trade it back for the ball-gag and nipple clamps you borrowed last week.....make sure you sanitize that **** too!!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 288 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 340 views