Am I normal??? I am soooo thirtsy....

cartersmommy02
on 4/30/12 5:27 am
VSG on 05/08/12
I am starting my 2nd week of my liquid protein fast (surgery is May 8th) and I am ridiculously thirsty.  I am talking, drinking tons and tons of water a day thirsty.  All I want to do is drink water.  Why is this?  And what causes this?  I am drinking very little broth (maybe a coffee cup 1x a day) and soup once a day.  The rest of the time I am eating protein shakes.   So I am not getting an overabundance of sodium.  Is this normal?  I'm starting to get concerned.  
Thank you!!!!

TonjaTLC
on 4/30/12 6:38 am - Southlake, TX
I drank lots of water but wow, all the protein I started glistening like no other!!!
Surgery Date:  April 4, 2012 Offical Starting Weight: 304      
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/12 7:00 am
VSG on 04/16/12
I think it is the increase in protein.
cartersmommy02
on 4/30/12 9:04 am
VSG on 05/08/12
Thank you ladies.  I was seriously getting worried.  I hope my body eventually adjusts, it's pretty miserable being ths thirsty all the time!!!  

LisaR1975
on 4/30/12 9:56 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12
Sometimes when I drink a lot of crystal light I get really thirsty because of the sweetener in it.  I drink Powerade Zero all the time.  Plain water still makes me nauseous.  Tazo Passion Iced Tea is yummy too.  It's decaf and unsweetened.   Also I was thristy all the time for a couple of weeks after surgery too.  It's hard to get the liquids down so I always seemed to be thirsty.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views