For those who don't want artificial sweeteners...

NanfromSan
on 4/30/12 9:02 am
VSG on 12/09/14
Hello everyone,
Some time back I mentioned that I don't tolerate sucralose or aspartame very well.  I have been searching around and found a few products that are useful for our lifestyle and don't contain these ingredients.  They are all sweetened with stevia and/or erythritol and/or xylitol.

Quest Bars Natural (protein bars, 20g protein, 2 g net carbs)

Designer Whey 100 Good for you calories All natural Shakes
http://www.designerwhey.com/designer-whey/products-powders-n atural.htm

Vitamin Water, naturally sweetened, Zero calorie (by Glaceau)

Crystal Light Pure- powder packets to put in water (I also find you can freeze these and make popsicles with it)

True Lemon, Raspberry lemonade powder packets (to put in water- can also freeze into popsicles)

I also put the crystal light and the True lemon in my shakes, because the shakes are rather bland.  A good choice for someone that wants unflavored...even though it says vanilla, it tastes like thickened water to me- no flavor and mild smell once mixed.

Someone mentioned buying unflavored gelatin and putting the crystal light into it.  I haven't tried that yet, but it's on my list of things to try.

If I find anymore products I will post them

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

happiegirl
on 4/30/12 9:34 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
try about time...I like that one.  Also Xylitol is another low calorie sweetener.  I like stevia I make kool aid with it.  lol...kool aid... Also I really like Nature's Hallow products(syrup,  sugar free jam, and BBQ sauce) made with Xylitol. If you can't handle sugar alcohols though...Xylitol is a nono.

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

NanfromSan
on 4/30/12 11:46 am
VSG on 12/09/14
Thank you for mentioning those.  I have not heard of them.  Will google their stuff now and check it out.  I do just fine with xylitol and erythritol.

gloria P.
on 4/30/12 9:49 am - Fayetteville , AR
VSG on 01/06/12
nanfromsan, where do you buy the quest bars?
bbearsmama
on 4/30/12 11:08 am
RNY on 02/28/13
Thank you for posting this! I try to avoid aspartame because it can be a migraine trigger for me.

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

NanfromSan
on 4/30/12 11:45 am
VSG on 12/09/14
Hello,
I buy the quest bars online on amazon.com
They're pricey, but i don't eat them too often.  I eat them when I'm really craving something sweet.  I loved the cinammon role flavor the best.  Didn't care for the strawberry cheesecake at all.

ruggie
on 4/30/12 12:09 pm - Sacramento, CA
As far as artificial sweetners go, I like erythritol - not too sweet, and doesn't seem to have an insulin response like some other artificial sweetners do.

Quest bars are awesome - keep turning people onto those!  They do make two versions - one set with sucralose, and one set without.  And no glycerin or crappy sugar alcohols, tons of plant fiber.  And they actually taste pretty decent!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 233 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 306 views