Having problems meeting my protein goals!!!

Twinkle1011
on 5/4/12 9:40 pm - MI
I hate the taste of my protein drinks; HELP!!!! I have tried MD, Unjury, Nectar.  I am not getting in all of my protein.  Any suggestions on how to meet that goal???? I will be starting my mushies in a couple of days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!  Thank you!!!!

Jaybee766
on 5/4/12 10:18 pm - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
is it the sweetness of the drinks?  Nectar has a gajillion flavors and I had to try a bunch of  them before finding a few that I could "like".  Also, I try to get my protein in early so I can relax about it.  For example, for breakfast I have 1 scrambled egg, 1 sausage link or 1 bacon, then about 30 minutes later I have 1 shake with soy milk.  That's about 37g protein before 10am.   But I'm not sure I could get it all in without the shakes.  Honestly I am about D-O-N-E with chicken breast!!!!!!  I'm wondering about that!  What will I do next?
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Kevin H.
on 5/5/12 12:54 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I won a case of the Premier Chocolate Shakes from the OH Newletter and they are really good!  For the regular drinks I seem to like Cytomax a lot.  The Tangerine flavor is kinda like orange soda if you like that but I do have to mix it with water because its so strong tasting.

Cindy22706
on 5/5/12 2:18 pm - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Sorry, but you kinda just have to push through that crappy taste and get that protein in. I recently discovered Matrix, which is by the same people that make the Nectar  and it is awesome!!! mybariatricpantry has a sample pack that is worth trying :)

Tina Cook
on 5/7/12 1:02 pm - Frankston, TX
 I sell protein drinks that are awesome. They taste like cake mix and have 100 recipes like oreo,butterfinger and so many more. I can send you a sample if you would like just message me an address to send them too. My website is www.tinacook2.myvi.net I have the lap band and use them. I tried others like you said and they were so nasty or left a grainy feeling in your mouth. Let me know if I can help you in anyway. Thanks girl and best of look.
tripmom02
on 5/7/12 1:14 pm - NJ
Not a good choice people, look at the stats on this, it isn't worth it.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views