Low carb crackers?

LaughingCow
on 5/9/12 2:20 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I want some low carb crackers to eat my chicken salad on.  I've been eating it alone or with tomato slices, but I'd like some crackers.  I wondered if some of the really flat crackers might work.  Or maybe something whole wheat.  The nut allows a touch of grain-based carbs into my diet - the equivalent of two regular crackers each day.  That seems reasonable to me. 
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Fun2BFit
on 5/9/12 2:25 am
VSG on 05/01/12 with
 Sorry no advice, as I am only one week post op. Just wanted to say hello as I also went to Dr. Halmi!
    Fun2BFit
econtiff
on 5/9/12 2:31 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
Maybe try Wasa crackers? I can't remember the carb count but it seems you wouldn't be able to eat but 1 or 2 actually with your chicken salad so as long as there aren't like 100g/carb per serving, you'd be fine within your daily carb limits.
rhearob
on 5/9/12 6:27 am - TN
 See mypost below about the parmesean crisps - you may like those better.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

nsblue
on 5/9/12 2:36 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
I use
the whole wheat premium plus crackers......
any of the the blue menu crackers from the superstore...
snackbread by ryvita... a rather large but light one that is 20 cal per slice.,  
twistos, the new ones that are out now..they are tiny but a nice option....
i also use the generic brand of rice crackers that i can have 8 for 60 calories.

Just go through every cracker section with a fine tooth comb...looking over the labels...there are some good ones out there.

tall_not_venti
on 5/9/12 2:38 am, edited 5/9/12 2:40 am
VSG on 02/23/12
There are some ka****lc pita crackers that aren't too bad, but I usually try to use cucumbers. Also, there's a very low Carb pita from Josephs b bakery [I think, they are home in the freezer], 1/4 of one of those is about 15 Cal, and just enough.

Start Weight: 245 Removed my monthly totals, because for me, comparision is the thief of joy.
Dare to believe that this time will be different. You can succeed this time.
howarli
on 5/9/12 2:39 am - MD
I use whole wheat ritz crackers, I believe 5 crackers are 11carbs

Krazydoglady
on 5/9/12 2:52 am - FL
I by Ryvita Pumpkin Seed and Oat Crips breads. I eat maybe one a day for some crunch/fiber taste and texture in my life.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

kimberleyann
on 5/9/12 4:08 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
My vote is for Ryvita Rye and Oat bran crispbread. I only eat 1 at a time with my egg/chicken/ham salad.  Per 2 slices: 70 cal, 12g carb-4g fibre  8net carbs, 2 g protein.  So half that is not too bad in my daily count.

Carmelita
on 5/9/12 8:35 am - Four Corners, NM
 Are those ....those...GG CRACKERS Dr. Oz talked  about a ways back....to lose fat?  Its like METAMUCIL crackers...fills you up , expands in your stomach...the way he described em....Looks like this maybe...How do you like them?  Im always willin to try somethin once! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views