were you hungry during your post op liquid stage?

bethmalone
on 5/9/12 10:34 am
 I see a lot of threads about which liquids, not getting enough liquids, wanting ideas on pureed stages, but no one mentions if they are actually hungry during these stages? my revision surgery is June 4 and I'm having a few last questions....

moonglo82
on 5/9/12 10:38 am
VSG on 03/29/12
It varies from person to person... I did feel some hunger during my liquid phase, but it seemed to be satisfied pretty easily with sugar free jello and popsicles, for the most part.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Catrina T.
on 5/9/12 10:45 am
VSG on 05/01/12
I am on it right now. And yes. I am hungry. But it is definately easier than doing the same diet pre op. Though mine thankfully wasn't weeks of that, just 3 days. I do know I can't wait for pureed. Never ever would have thought I would say that...but I feel like I need something more solid.
rhearob
on 5/9/12 10:49 am - TN
 I never was.  I think it was the whole healing and detoxing thing.  I was one who had to schedule my alarms to remind me that it was time.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

michael B.
on 5/9/12 11:01 am - MA
VSG on 03/19/12
 Same here, I haven't been hungry since surgery!  I do enjoy eating when I eat but I'm really not hungry at all between meals.
Burnsy  (ticker starts 2wks pre op)                        
nikki34
on 5/9/12 11:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
I just finished post op liquid diet and YES I was hungry!!!!! I had hunger pains wake me up out of my sleep...once I was able to get more protein in my pains stoped!

If u change Nothing, Nothing will change!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/12 11:22 am
Nope! Never was hungry until about 3 months out and then it wasn't even real hunger - it was acid. I do get "hungry" now, but not in at all the same way I did before. Not once in the last five months have I HAD to eat. Sure, I know it's time to eat, but that's about it. Most of the time on the weekends I forget to eat! Who would have thought? LOL!
louisamay
on 5/9/12 12:30 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
I wasn't. (Still in the first two weeks but don't have to stick to liquids now.) 

Drinking was easy for me after the first couple of days when I was experiencing nausea.  By day four I think I got down 3 shakes and after that it has been 4 a day, with soup once and water and such.  My main issue is that I really needed that soup.  It was the flavor I needed--and it tasted SO GOOD.  

So there was no hunger because I was having to drink stuff fairly often.  I would have to say rather than "hunger" there would be a need for something not sweet.  Which is where the soups came in. 

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views