3 week stall and back to work...

MeTime0418
on 5/9/12 9:16 am
VSG on 04/18/12
Two major things this week... Back to work I went. I am a nurse/supervisor in a very busy clinic setting, my other nurse is on sick leave, and I am KILLED! Today, I didn't get a bathroom break from the time I left home until I returned almost 10 hours later. I know, not healthy right? Nurses are the worst patients and it is seriously all I can do to get through a day right now. Enough with the work rant...sorry. My biggest concern is that I am not able to get my fluids in at work either. It is against company policy to have food/drinks in patient care areas and I cannot find a way to drink. I finished yesterday with 51 oz and so far today I have had 32. I even skipped on supper last night to hold more fluid. Any suggestions?

Secondly, I have hit the dreaded 3 week stall. Actually, I've gained three pounds and I am freaking out! I don't see how it could be. I have not exceeded 600 calories a day at any time since surgery. Most of my calories are from protein and I have not exceeded 15 carbs per day at any point either. I tried calling my surgeon's office today during my regular lunch time, although I didn't get to actually eat, and was unable to reach them. Any ideas? And how long does this dang stall usually last?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Krissy_67
on 5/9/12 9:47 am
VSG on 04/17/12
I had my surgery on April 17th and am also hitting the 3 week stall with the dreaded 2-3 pound gain ugh...  I'm thinking it's the transition from our bodies going from starvation mode to eating food. I sure hope this stall doesn't last long.  I haven't cheated one single time so that has to be whats going on!!! Doesn't make me feel any better either... 

izabella13
on 5/9/12 10:07 am
VSG on 04/19/12
Same here, 3 weeks tomorrow and haven't lost anything this week. But I am not complaining, I have lost a total of 20lb including the pre op diet, I wouldn't be able to loose that much on my in such a short period of time. I can't even remember the last time before surgery that I lost weight, all I remember is gaining and gaining. I am also not reaching my daily water intake goal, I get most of it in at night when I get home from work. The downside to that is that I have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
jule R.
on 5/9/12 10:49 am
VSG on 01/31/12 with
I feel for you with the work situation.. as far as water I would ask how long is the travel time to work? Maybe you can keep a water bottle in the car and drink to and from work or on the train or bus? I get most of my water in at night because I am so busy during the day. 7:30-11 I drink water. Just like the above post i've lost sleep bc of having to get up and pee but thats the best way i have to get tha****er in. (I find the more water I drink the more weight i loose - if you can get in your OZ might help break your stall)

MeTime0418
on 5/9/12 10:53 am
VSG on 04/18/12
I actually live less than a mile from work. Lol! No help there.
aleach0003
on 5/10/12 1:54 am - Beaver Dam, KY
VSG on 07/18/12
I understand where you're coming from.  I work as a nurse too and worry about going back to work post-op.  There are nights where I don't use the bathroom because I simply don't have the time. 

I don't know if you could get up earlier to front load some fluids, but maybe that's an option.  Hopefully things will get better for you when the other nurse returns from sick leave.

By the way, how long did you take off work after surgery? 
The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot protect you.

MeTime0418
on 5/10/12 11:00 am
VSG on 04/18/12
Hopefully! I had planned for two weeks, but took three extra days after a setback. If you are a floor nurse, I would plan for longer. I remember how strenuous that can be and I still wouldn't be up to it. Others may be ready by now, but when I'm nursing, I like to be on my A game.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 159 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 432 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 454 views