you buy 6).  I really don't like Greek yogurt.  I tried it with honey
and thought I would upchuck.  So, I got the idea that maybe if
I put the lemon Torani syrup in it that it might taste like lemon
meringue pie.  I haven't ried it yet, but thought maybe someone
here might be able to enlighten me.  I also found Peanut Butter
flavor Torani syrup.  I really want to be able to tolerate the Greek
yogurt.  My surgery is in a little over a week and I am trying to
think ahead for protein sources.  Has anyone else experimented
with the Greek yogurt and the Torani syrups to tolerate yogurt?

econtiff
on 5/12/12 8:57 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Rhearob gave me the idea to put Mio in the Greek Yogurt and it works great!
Elaine2
on 5/12/12 9:05 am - Atlanta, GA
Well, there's not much in life that replaces lemon meringue pie---but yes the plain Greek yogurt with lemon is pretty good IMHO.

I happen to like plain greek yogurt---by itself, sweetened or savory. There's allot you can do with it. Just experiment a little. Also check out the eggface website for suggestions.

Try this----1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop of protein powder, SF syrup (to make it kind of runny but not liquid). Mix it all together. Put it in ice cube trays and freeze. Kind of a frozen little treat.

justeric78
on 5/12/12 9:22 am - Houston, TX
 I was able to eat greek yogurt putting just about any flavor or TS with some splenda mixed in. I especially liked the berry flavored with it. Honestly though in the beginning I just found a few foods I could tolerate well and I stuck with them until the sight of them made me ill. I went through a crystal light phase for drinks then moved on to powerade zero which I still drink a year out. 

For food I ate a lot of eggs for protein usually broken down with a little mayo like an egg salad samich! Chicken though was just about the only thing I ate for months and still eat a ton of now. It is so versatile and it filled me up quickly and kept me feeling satiated for a long time afterward. 

kam0520
on 5/12/12 10:23 am - AL
I buy the sugar free Torani's online in flavors I can't find locally.  I LOVE both the classic and french vanilla.  I also have Almond, strawberry, chocolate and caramel.  One thing I do with greek yogurt is add the SF Torani and some plain cocoa powder, and lots of splenda.  It really  helps.  The SF Torani cuts it so it's not too thick.  

Besure you're getting the sugar free though, so you're not adding extra calories/sugar.  The chocolate and strawberry are really good together, so is the almond with some extra splenda.  I find that I have to put a good bit (3 or 4 packets) of Splenda or Equal in them to cut the bitterness.  

Good luck!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Wildoatslady
on 5/12/12 10:28 am
1T SF cheesecake pudding mix
1t PB2 and the peanut butter syrup.
1/4 c Greek yogurt

Tastes like peanut butter pie.
StartWeight:264
Surgery date 11/23        
Nevada-Fluffy
on 5/12/12 10:52 am - Henderson, NV
I just bought two Torani syrups this afternoon (Chocolate and Carmel). I used a Tablespoon of the Carmel and 1 Splenda in an 5.3 oz Oikos yogurt. Tasted like dessert to me!

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/12 11:00 am
I have been doing the SF Tornani syrups in my Fage 0% or Chobani 0% for months and months. You will have to add more syrup than you think you should to cover the yogurt taste and the yogurt will be a thinner consistancy, but still it's very good.

My favorite flavors are lemon, mango, raspberry, peach and orange. I have used the vanillas and chocolate, but didn't like as well as the fruit flavors.

Preparing your Greek Yogurt this way during the full liquid stage is a great way to get in the protein and it is nice and very satisfying. Be sure to measure out your portion early out - don't count on your sleeve to tell you you're full!

neecie1123
on 5/12/12 1:10 pm - NC
 I too tried Greek and hated it.  Until a freind suggested the Chobani with fruit.  It is wonderful.  I've treid all flavors and have liked them all.
tall_not_venti
on 5/12/12 2:11 pm
VSG on 02/23/12
I like coconut in mine!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 84 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views