Home and Sleeved!!!!

felicia W.
on 5/12/12 12:43 pm - Kent, WA
so i was sleeved yesterday morning and i am so sore and cant seem to keep liquids down. i am fighting a lot of nausea and it hurts so bad. but so far ihave been able to keep down a sugar free popsicle and it was great. throwing up hurts alot and hiccups suck too. But surgery went really well, my surgeon said that my liver looked great and that i didnt even loo like it belonged to someone who was overweight. i couldnt sleep at all at the hospital but when i got home i was able to sleep 4 hours in my own bed. i walked a lot at the hospital when i wasnt able to sleep. other then that things seem to be going great!!!! how are all the rest of you new vsg'rs????

dishawn
on 5/12/12 12:47 pm - CA
 Congrats!!! I will have a revision from band to VSG next week, so it is great to read post of how you feel after surgery.  Please keep me posted, I am curious to hear how your first week goes.  Also, if you work, how long did you take off?
felicia W.
on 5/12/12 1:12 pm - Kent, WA
I  am a nanny of 5 kids throughout the week. and my hubby is taking off all of next week fo me and i am no****ching kids for one week. I will probably star****ching them again the 2nd week. but i am really excited to finally start loosing more weight!!!! I was able to lose 40 lbs pre op so now i only have to lose 100 lbs instead of 140!!!!! 

Mcnurse518
on 5/12/12 12:58 pm - TX
VSG on 05/09/12
Sorry for your nausea. And those hiccups do suck! I'm day 3 post  and it does get easier! Hang in there!

louisamay
on 5/12/12 1:06 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
I hope your nausea gets better fast. For me, nausea is worse than pain.

Just take it slowly.  I'm glad the popsicle worked!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Marabell
on 5/12/12 1:11 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
congrats!

glad you are doing well...yeah...the hospital is the worst place to rest!

KSqtpie
on 5/12/12 1:43 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Congrats!!!!
felicity2u
on 5/12/12 2:18 pm - LA
Each day will get a little better than the one before! Scooting over on the bench for ya!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Kelly E.
on 5/12/12 2:18 pm - Staten Island, NY
VSG on 05/07/12
 Congrats on being home. I am day 5 and had a rough first 4 days. Was finally able to drink about 40 ounces of fluids and 2 tsp of yogurt. That's it. Will try thicker protein drink tomorrow. Each dat gets better. I was banded over 3 years ago and I think this recovery was worse for me. 

Start wt 278. Ht 5'7"  lowest 198. Band slipped March 2012, VSG may 7th. 
SW 225. CW 201

Donna B.
on 5/12/12 2:20 pm
i remember when you were on this site a few months ago with enthusiasm bubbling over and now i see the result of that enthusiasm with your terrific pre-op weight loss -- you have a great start!!

i received anti-nausea pills for the first 5 days from surgery.  Perhaps you can ask your doctor for an anti-emetic or anti-nausea med.  It is not necessary to suffer on something like that.  You shouldn't have constant pain either, maybe some discomfort.  i was prescribed pain medication for a few days, and after that i still had no pain, just occasional discomfort depending on how i moved.

Congratulations on getting the sleeve!  i think you will be pleased with the result.  It will be your ally and it will help you so much to control your food intake.  Sometimes i think the gastric sleeve changed my brain because i have more control than i ever had.  

Take good care of yourself.

55 y.o.    5'4"      HW: 180's      CW: 127      Doctor's GW: 130           My GW:  117        

~ working on reaching goal again after regain            

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views