16 days out

aimnic
on 5/15/12 10:07 pm, edited 5/15/12 10:16 pm - VA
VSG on 04/30/12 with
I'm 16 days post op and every one that told me every day gets a little easier was 100% RIGHT.  If you're newly post op and feel like you're dying (which I did that 1st week), know that it passes quickly and you'll soon start to feel like yourself again.

I have been struggling to hit my protein/fluid intake goals.  The protein shakes I liked before taste horrible to me.  Does anyone have any recipes for protein shakes they'd care to share?  I can't handle anymore chocolate or nectars!

I lost 15.4 lbs pre-op on optifast, and am down 24.2 lbs since surgery - I'm so close to 40 lbs lost I can taste it!  Best.  Decision.  Ever.

Aimee
Starting Weight - 323.6
Surgery Weight - 308.2
Jenfur
on 5/15/12 10:13 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
I'm pre op but have been experimenting with different shakes and stuff.  The one I made this morning is chocolate but more coffee like.  I mixed one scoop of protein powder with milk, some chocolate SF Torani syrup, instant coffee crystals and some ice cubes.  It came out tasting like one of those Java Chip Fraps from starbucks without the chips in it.  Definately going on the menu for post of.
vvzoo
on 5/15/12 11:47 pm - KY
VSG on 05/01/12
Im also 16 DAYS! YAHH FOR US!!, i FEEL THE SAME .lIFE IS GETTING BACK TO NORMAL,GET THE STAPLES OUT TODAY, CANT WAIT, THEY ITCH SO BAD! AND iM SO GLAD FOR THE FOOD UPGRADE. iM STARTING AT THE GYM ON THE BIKE AND USING HAND WEIGHS WHILE WATCHING TV. gREAT JOB ON THE LBS DOWN, iM ABOUT THE SAME, 29 DOWN. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
!

Cortnee Z.
on 5/16/12 1:34 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
Hi there! Congrats on feeling good and doing so great!! I like the isopure drinks just as is with ice?!? They have a lot of protein and are clear so they don't weigh me down. I also like the Pure Protein shakes. They are a milk based whey protein, but really good. For some reason my tummy likes those more. I like to put those in the blender with some frozen strawberries (if you can have those). I also recently bought some Peanut Flour. I LOVE that stuff too!! It thickens and tastes great and has a lot of protein for a little powder. I will put that with my chocolate powder, and then add some SF salted caramel syrup! YUMzzz....SO good!!

Hope that helps!! Keep up the great work!!
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
EliseG
on 5/16/12 8:26 am - MA
I'm also 16 days out and you are right it does get easier every day. Some shakes I have been able to tolerate are Unjury chocolate mixed with Lactaid, and Unjury vanilla mixed with Lactaid and a teaspoon of sugar free pudding mix (I like cheesecake flavor). I have been able to tolerate shakes more each day, HTH

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views