Evil bran muffins and other "healthy" company catering

stephintexas
on 5/17/12 6:19 am, edited 5/17/12 6:29 am
We had two day full meetings. ugh. I was doing SOOOOO well! I hate that I can be weak at times. They rolled in fruit and bran muffins. I knew I shouldn't have one but my morning supplements had me feeling a little nauceous. I stared at them and then decided to have a "bite." I ate the whole 3 oz muffin! Carbs are through the roof and I will admit, it made me feel less foggy. It felt very satisfying but blew up my cals for the day.

I'm wondering what is the behavior pattern of those who succeed. The eggface blog said she decided that nothing went past her lips that wasn't on plan. How reasonable is that expectation? How often do ya'll cheat a bit? How disciplined are the 100+ pound losers?

Just looking for data. :)

Cortnee Z.
on 5/17/12 10:04 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
Hi there. I am still a newb but I think that you have to set your mental "cans and can'ts" before you do anything. I think Shelly (egg face) wanted to make that her personal goal so SHe wouldn't backslide. 

For me, personally, I HAVE to try things at different times. Otherwise I build it all up in my head and then I think I am missing out on something. SO I try things and say, ok, that was good, or whatever. Then I don't have the urge next time. Maybe it's cause I am still at the beginning so I am trying everything again for the first time, but it really helps me. Plus, I don't think going off plan for one day is going to set you back. Unless you think it's ok to do all the time. Hope that makes sense!

I think the fact that you already know you didn't like that, and you are on here saying it, that you won't do it agian unless it's a need to situation. You didn't come prepared, it sounds like, and it wasn't a good thing for you. So I would say next time, come prepared. I love my protein bars. That's what I love to eat when everyone else has dessert or something. I don't know why, but they keep me sane.

Hang in there!! Don't beat yourself up :)
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views