Thanks

rhearob
on 5/21/12 3:22 am - TN
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on OH for their love, and support, and encouragement this weekend.

I wish I could persobally give each one of you an hug and say thank you in person.

You will never know how much everything your wrote, both on here and in personal messages, means to me.  It is truly overwhelming.

I put a brief bit in my blog here.

Love,

Robert

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

louisamay
on 5/21/12 3:36 am, edited 5/21/12 3:36 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I had a busy weekend and missed your post.  That makes me sad, because I would have been one of them telling you what an inspiration you are, how beautiful you are, how precious you are.

Whatever the mirror is showing you right now?  Is not what other people see.  I PROMISE.

You are amazing.  And your posts are a constant comfort, inspiration and kick-in-the-butt when I need it, whether you're responding to me or someone else.  I always love seeing your avatar because I know I'm going to learn something or come away with something.

~hugs you tight~

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Snowberry
on 5/21/12 3:38 am, edited 5/21/12 3:39 am
VSG on 04/10/12
 I wasn't on over the weekend, so I missed your post, but I did follow the link to your blog.  I am so sorry you had such a rough shopping trip.

But I do agree with those who call you an inspiration.  I know that I look forward to reading your posts and your progress and dedication amazes me.  I can only hope that I can follow your example.

And as for the bad dressing room experience, as a person who was normal weight most of my life, I can tell you that even skinny people without loose skin issues have days like that in the dressing room.  I'm guessing the lighting has something to do with it and the fact that NO body is perfect (well, maybe if you are a 21-year-old supermodel, but I'd not know about that).  Even at 125 pounds. I could pick out every flaw in a three-way dressing room mirror.  My skin always looks sallow and tired in those lights.  But remember, there is very little chance that anyone will ever see you naked in flourescent light.  Just don't allow it in your home! I always go into a dressing room assuming I will look like crap and as long as the item of clothing fits properly, I know I will look much better in it outside of the dressing room. 

And as rotten as you felt you didn't eat and stayed on plan?  Isn't that a victory in itself?  I'm certainly impressed...and you should be too.

TexasProud
on 5/21/12 3:46 am - Frisco, TX
Thank you for all your words of encouragement and advice! Hope you're in a better place today. Have a great week!

kitsyb
on 5/21/12 4:37 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
I knew I was going to have the loose skin from previous experiences (weigh****cher's lifetime member here).  I ended up having the "bat wings" removed a few years ago when I reached my WW goal because I taught a weight lifting class and my arms were always exposed.  This time I am 56 and I don't care about the lose skin or wrinkles, I am so ready to be healthy and enjoy life. 

I look forward to hearing your advise as a "vet" to all the newcomers on this site.  I was a newcomer 4 months ago and I remember noticing a lot of responses coming from you.  You are an inspiration to a lot of people and I'm sure you have been an inspiration to Thomas and others around you!  Keep up the good work!

Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 5/21/12 8:12 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12
I missed the original post but your blog post was very moving.  You have amazing support and in reading your posts here you definitely make a difference in people's journey.
5'2   HW-324 • SW-277 • GW-165Surgery Date 4/25/12

INgirl
on 5/21/12 9:13 am
Hey Robert!
I was out camping in the woods and just got on earlier today- saw your post. Everything that I would/could say- has been said already, just wanted to send a little internet support your way!
Cortnee Z.
on 5/21/12 9:40 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
Aww...I missed it too!! I am sorry I wasn't there to encourage you - but I am glad you were encouraged!! That's wonderful! 
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views