3 months out, some questions????

Lisak52
on 5/21/12 3:44 am - NY
VSG on 02/20/12
Hello all! I have not been on in a while.
5/20 was my 3 month surgiversary. I am at my half way point to goal. I have a few questions for yall.
First one is,How much are you all eating at 3 mos out each meal?
Are you all still on acid reducers,pepcid???
What form of calcium are you using?

I am still getting discomfort with certain foods,Like chicken,It hurts to swallow it.  I am still only able to eat a few bites of food at any given time. Protein is still really hard for me to get all in each day. I have resorted to beef jerky to up my protein intake. The one thing that also helps my fluid intake.
Began my journey September 2011. Weight 226 lbs
Pre Op 2/20/12  Weight 216 -VSG 2/20/12

jenius
on 5/21/12 3:52 am
I am 3 months out too...I eat about 1/2 cup of food at any "meal" but it takes at least 45 minutes to an hour to eat that. I don't take any antacids so I can't help you there. I take chewable caramel flavor calcium, 2 times/day. I don't have any discomfort with foods - only if I try to eat too fast.

Congrats on being halfway to goal! I am a few pounds shy of halfway.
Highest Weight: 270   Surgery Weight: 247    
*****VSG 2/16/12*****      
Jackie F.
on 5/21/12 3:59 am - Pico Rivera, CA
VSG on 03/09/12
Congrats on your sucess thus far! My surgery was 3/9 almost at my 3month mark. I have also lost a good amount of weight but still have a long way to go. At this point im only able to only eat a few bites per meal. For breakfast I can eat a whole scrambled egg. For lunch 2 oz of protein and dinner some pinto beans or 2.5 oz of protein (usally chicken). Some of my favorte snacks are greek yogurt, string cheese, and beef jerky (had it for the first time last weekend). Shakes are a real problem for me. I know I need to pick up my protein its just so hard for me. I can barly stomach the shakes and I just recently started drinking them again but only a few times a week. I want to go an get the nectar fruit drinks i was told they are very good and perfect for the summer. Im so happy with my sleeve I love it and for me it was the perfect surgery to have. =)
HW: 275 GW: 130

Jackie F.
on 5/21/12 4:04 am - Pico Rivera, CA
VSG on 03/09/12
On the vitamins I have a chewable multi that I love they taste just like a gummy bear. I found it at the grocery store of all places. Its low in sugar high in minerals.

Calcium I take a chewable chocolate flavored one that taste just like a tootsie roll.

I don't have any problem with acids, I only have had one food item that doesn't agree with my sleeve cottage cheese and if I eat to fast or eat and drink at the same time I will have some discomfort
HW: 275 GW: 130

Mom78
on 5/21/12 4:01 am
VSG on 02/10/12

So how much I can eat depends on what it is and when I ate last...

So en example day with size

B: Premier Chocolate shake, 1/4 frozen banana, 1 frozen strawberry, 1/4 cup of Fage unflavored greek yogurt, cup of ice, blended...  35.75 g protein, makes about 18 oz, 220 cals

B2: 3-4 egg bites, they have egg, cheese, ham in them.  I make them in the mini muffin pans.  They are about 2.8 oz total. 100 cals, about 12g protein

L: 1/2 slice havarti, 2 slices turkey lunch meat, 120 cals, 14.5 protein

D: 2 oz salmon, 3-4 bites broccoli, 120 cals 12.5 protein

I sometimes eats a 1/2 serving almonds.

Calcium: I take the bariatric advantage chews, 4 of them while at work I have the raspberry and lemon, and then two at night Chocolate!

Sometimes if I don't eat well through out the day, I can only get small amounts of protein in at night.  If thats the case I drink another protein drink, without all the added stuff!
I have the pill form of the calcium, petites, but still can't swallow them!

I do take a PPI, taking 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM.

SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

AdeanaMarie
on 5/21/12 4:50 am, edited 5/21/12 4:53 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I am close to the three months post op. I can eat the following, but stop if I have any discomfort.

B: 16oz PlantFusion Protein Shake 180c/31P (takes me 2 hours)
L: 2oz beef patty 95c/14P & 1 oz Protein Chips 130c/10P
S: 5.3 oz Greek Yogurt 130c/12P
D: 1oz chicken 50c/8P & 1/4c lowfat cottage cheese 40c/6P
S: Sometimes I have a gluten free ice cream cone with 1/2c of no sugar added ice cream.

How much I can eat depends on what it is. Chicken... barely an ounce. Beef, I am good with 2 ounces. Cottage cheese can be up to 4 ounces (1/2c) by itself and yogurt can be up to 6 ounces if eaten alone. I just really try to listen to my body and never push the volume and always measure.

I take Meijer brand Calcium Citrate 4 a day and then 2 chocolate Calcium Carbonate chews.

I would never get all my protein in, unless I did my protein shake each morning. I crave it now and never really want solid food before 10:30 or 11am. I know having the high protein first thing in the morning keeps me more stable throughout the rest of the day. I only treat myself to the ice cream if I have already gotten in at least 80 grams of protein that day and if I have the calories allotted.

I wasn't having any discomfort until I went off my Prilosec a week ago. So called the doctor today and am going back on it. Apparently it does really help me from having heart burn and feeling like my stomach is churning and with things coming back up. So back on it for a couple more months now. Just take one in evening.

My big thing... working on slowing down my eating. I do not have any problem getting the food to go down (when on Prilosec), but then it allows me to eat too fast. Bad habit.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Empress NYC
on 5/21/12 5:55 am
VSG on 02/29/12
Congrats on the halfway point Lisak52!  My surgery date was right after yours.  I have little appetite and get "full" quite quickly-never going over 2 oz meals usually.  Protein wise, I haven't ventured out of my comfort foods (eggs, cheese, tofu).  Like you I can't get all of my protein in daily so I do supplement witha daily shake or two.

I still take a PPI but I was taking that before the surgery.

I use the Citracal Calcium Citrate pills with Vitamin D and Zinc.  They are large horse size pills but they get the job done.

Keep working that sleeve and let me know if u have any more questions! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views