9 Month Surgiversary w/ Pics (I Hope!)

scalewarfare11
on 5/21/12 11:20 pm, edited 5/21/12 11:22 pm
VSG on 08/22/11 with

I'm down 106.6 pounds in 9 months.  The beginning things moved super quickly, but things have slowed down a bit.  I spent a lot of month 7 & 8 semi following my plan, meaning, I was letting bites of bad for me things slip in here or there (jelly beans, crackers, um jelly beans), more and more every day.  If it weren’t for the amount of exercise that I do, that might have led to a gain.  I recommitted last week to make the last 100 days until my 1 Year Surgiversary count, so I've been tracking like a mad woman, working out, and sticking to my plan.

I love my sleeve, and the only regret that I have is that I didn’t do it sooner.  As soon as our new insurance policy covered the sleeve, I was right in the surgeon’s office.

I very very rarely eat until capacity or until I feel overly full.  I do eat more calories than some recommend on here, but I stick to the plan that my surgeons office and his nutritionist want me on.  I let them cut me open, I am going to listen to them when it comes to nutrition, specifically because they are bariatric nutritionists.  I also workout 1-2 hours a day 6 days a week, which of course requires more calories.  I completely stall in the 800 calorie range.  I get in around 110 grams of protein a day, some days closer to 100, some days closer to 120.  I typically drink 1 protein shake in the AM, Jay Robb's whey in either chocolate or vanilla mixed with either water or unsweetened almond milk.   

The months that I don’t lose as much is when I typically move down in sizes.  This month was a bit slower, BUT I dropped down to a 14 in almost everything with the exception of some 12s!  My tops are all pretty much larges or XL's.  I started out in 22/24's and many of those were snug, and then 3XL+ on the top.  I've dropped crazy inches on my bra band size, I've gone from a 42/44 band to a 34!  The cup size has remained the same, which I am OK with, just means I've gone down proportionately in that area!

I read the board daily, but don't post as often as I'd like.  For all of you pre-op folks that are scared, it's completely normal.  Do your research and find a surgeon that you are comfortable with keeping your life and long term health as a priority.  It is scary being cut open, and the first week or two, well they aren’t exactly fun, but I guess it's like having a baby, the further out you get, the less you remember that week or two of discomfort.  It's SO worth it in the end, excess skin and all!

Day before surgery:

Last night, today is my 9 month surgiversary!:

Blog: http://adauntingtaleofscalewarfare.com
Surgery Date:
8/22/2011
with Dr. Moazzez of Blue Point Surgical Group

scalewarfare11
on 5/21/12 11:29 pm
VSG on 08/22/11 with
More to add, sorry! 

I had my 6 month blood work a couple of months late due to travel for work, all of my numbers are fantastic!  All of my mineral and nutrient counts are well with in the normal range.  My cholesterol is 168, with the HDL (healthy cholesterol) several points above the healthy range (this is a good thing!)  My blood surgars are phenomenal.  My blood pressure is on the low end of normal.  

My surgeons goal for me was to get below 200 and have healthy blood work, so I've met their goal!  I've had my body fat checked, and I have a very large amount of muscle mass.  There's a probability that I will not make it into the healthy BMI range with the amount of muscle mass that I have, but I am still aiming for it.  Might require plastics though due to the extra skin that I am bound to have.

My focus is less and less on hitting certain numbers on the scale, my focus is now entirely on making each day healthy.  I focus on fueling my body with the right things and pushing my body to move in healthy ways.  I feel absolutely amazing!
Blog: http://adauntingtaleofscalewarfare.com
Surgery Date:
8/22/2011
with Dr. Moazzez of Blue Point Surgical Group

Happy966
on 5/21/12 11:38 pm

What a big difference!  You must feel wonderful, and I hope your proud of yourself.  While it is easier with the sleeve, so much is still up to us, right??  Yay for you!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Gabesmom128
on 5/21/12 11:51 pm
 Congrats on all your success!
Mom4Jazz
on 5/22/12 12:10 am
Way to go! You look great, and I know you feel so much better.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

fomyfrens10
on 5/22/12 12:13 am - Akron, OH
Congratulations' you look great.  keep up the good work.

AmberK
on 5/22/12 12:27 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Wow! Congratulations! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

acbbrown
on 5/22/12 12:48 am - Granada Hills, CA
Holy smokes!!! You are looking GREAT!!! I wish I had done pics like this - you should be very proud!!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

PrettyEyes_41
on 5/22/12 12:50 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
Awesome job! Keep rocking that sleeve!!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

AngieB2011
on 5/22/12 12:58 am - MD
VSG on 03/19/12
WOW!! Incredible!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 149 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 423 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 442 views