Flavored syrups

Elaine N.
on 5/22/12 11:28 am - Hiddenite, NC
VSG on 06/12/12
 I see Torani syrups mentioned a lot on here.  Has anyone tried the DaVinci or Starbucks sugar free syrups?  And what other items like this are good to have on hand for the first weeks after surgery?

God will turn our weakness into strength.
acbbrown
on 5/22/12 11:40 am - Granada Hills, CA
 For me, I know i didnt use any flavored syrups or anything right after the surgery. I had no appetite, or desire to eat, or desire for anything sweet, so I was good with just plain premier shakes. I think the SF flavors would have been too much - crystal light was too much for me and made me puke (i think it was too sweet). 

I love starbuck SF vanilla and cinnamon dulce flavors (ive been meaing to get some!). I only like my shakes blended with ice and I know even 3 mo out of surgery when i tried a blended shake, my stomach didn't like it. I didnt try again until about 9-10 mo out. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Eggface
on 5/22/12 12:03 pm, edited 5/22/12 12:05 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
They are a fun way to change up protein shakes and flavor Greek yogurt, etc. They are all basically flavored Splenda suspensions. I prefer SF Torani as the flavors seem more true to what they say they are... but I have a few Davinci's and at Bux I order my SF Cinnamon Dolce or SF Vanilla Lattes, etc. (they sell the syrups too just ask it's not something they advertise) or World Market has a ton.

You won't be eating or drinking a whole lot but they will be nice in the future for sure and last a long time. Some of the ways I use 'em: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/sugar -free-syrups.html in lots of baked stuff too. I use them prety much daily.

Best wishes on your surgery!
~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

NanaDebby65
on 5/22/12 1:17 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Shelly, I just have to say I LOVE your website!! I fix your eggbites all the time and use your protein shake ideas as well. I'm also going to be looking at your bento box meals very soon. Everything looks YUMMY!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!
Debby
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
angelrenee
on 5/22/12 9:52 pm - MI
I LOVE your website!  I have found some many recipes, tips, on there, I am soo greatful!

Thanks,

NanaDebby65
on 5/22/12 1:14 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
I just placed an order from both Torani & DaVinci. Egg Nog, Gingerbread, Lemon and Macadamia Nut. 2 bottles from each company. I use the mainly in my coffee as a sweetner however the Lemon is going to be tried in my plain greek yogurt. I LOVE them!!

Debby
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views