4 months since surgery!!!

Chanciekd
on 5/24/12 2:49 pm - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
It's been 4 months since my surgery.  I am down 40 lbs.    I feel so much better.  My knees and back aren't hurting anymore.  No more acid reflux!!!
I am getting used to the diet.  So glad I did this. 
I love this sleeve!!!  I am learning that it is good to just eat a little and learning that I don't have to eat everything on my plate and all the leftovers!!!  LOL
WOULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!

Thanks to all the follks on this Message Board that write in daily to give their support!  I have so much needed it and learned from you!!!

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 5/24/12 2:59 pm - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
Yay!!! So awsome! So can't wait for my surgery date!!! Keep up the good work!!

nanarama
on 5/24/12 10:31 pm - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
Glad you're doing so well.
Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 5/24/12 11:10 pm - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
I feel exactly the same way. Glad you're feeling happy about everything.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Michelle from Louisiana

kitsyb
on 5/24/12 11:42 pm - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
We have the same surgiversary date!  I am so glad I chose to do this.  It has been a learning process and I feel like I am just now getting a handle on it and things are feeling "normal" once again.  It is just so great to have the support from the people on this site!

Chanciekd
on 5/25/12 12:46 am - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
Wow!  You have done great in 4 short months.  67 lbs!!!!!!
I know one thing.  If I had not had this surgery, I would not have lost any.  I was steadily gaining every month.
Good luck to you!
kitsyb
on 5/25/12 2:24 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
I can tell you the last 25 of mine started coming off quicker when I started eating more protein.  I have eaten nothing but protein since the surgery but added more just recently and it is falling off.  I don't exercise at all but hope to get motivated soon.

Chanciekd
on 5/25/12 3:07 pm - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
Will you give me an example of what protein you eat in a day.  Maybe I need to do what you're doing.
kitsyb
on 5/27/12 10:33 pm - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
I am fortunate to work at the University of South Alabama Medical Center (where I had my surgery) and every morning I go to the cafeteria and get 2 scrambled eggs and either 2 pieces of bacon or 1 piece of sausage.  It takes me about an hour to eat all of that.  For lunch it is usually a protein shake, grilled chicken or wendy's chili.  At dinner it is grilled chicken usually with a little broccoli, cauliflower, edamame beans or just some sort of veggie with cheese.  Maybe a cheese stick thrown in there somewhere.  I try to get seafood when I eat out but should be eating more of it at home.  I am loving my sleeve, lost 2 more lbs. over the weekend.

Chanciekd
on 5/28/12 11:27 am - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
You are doing so good.  I am impressed.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views