3 days post op ramblings

cmaldavis
on 5/25/12 11:38 pm - Willow Spring, NC
VSG on 05/23/12
Hi. I had surgery wednesday 23rd, and while the pain isnt bad i am wondering if i made the right decision. I came home yesterday. Im not on pain meds which is ok i am not really in pain, my belly is tender of course. I am sipping very slowly as it hurts to sip fast. I am not anywhere close to getting all of my fluids in so i am concerned about that.

Then the question creeps in of whether and when this will all be worth it. I had so many issues with the band and here i am going through all of this again, am i doing the right thing. Its done its not like i can go back.

How far post op were you happy/thankful/etc that you got the VSG?
Maureen K.
on 5/26/12 12:00 am
 Oh hang in there love the first week is the worst I thought the same thing when I came home what had I done there is no going back but rest assured in a few weeks you will be feeling so much better and I think it took me two months to actually be shouting from the roof tops how happy I was that I made the decision and just wanted to tell everyone that struggles with weight to have it done so hang in there I promise it gets so much better. As for the fluids try sugar free popsicles they were my lifesaver I ate one after the other it was easier than actually sipping and drinking best wishes to you on your journey you are going to love it cheers 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Allie A.
on 5/26/12 1:53 am - Canada
It will get better, and you will look back on today (the day you doubted yourself) and know you were at a low point. It's gonna get a whole lot better from here on in. Mabey not right away, if today is day 3, but it will happen.
cmaldavis
on 5/26/12 2:00 am - Willow Spring, NC
VSG on 05/23/12
Thank you both for the reassurance. I was able to eat a popscicle without any difficulty so i continue eating those. Like you said given a little time, it will get better. I just need to keep that in mind.
Abm335
on 5/26/12 2:42 am
I was also sleeved on the 23rd and am having the exact same doubts, barely getting in my fluids, and I know I'm dehydrated...everyone says it's gets better and now I can rest knowing this was definitely NOT the easy way out!! It's a struggle, that will supposedly have great rewards... So I'm definitely looking to the future...as for now, I sip, slowly but surely.
moonglo82
on 5/26/12 2:47 am
VSG on 03/29/12
It will get better. I promise! Play around with the temperature of your drinks and the flavors you add, and you'll find a combination that goes down easier for you.

I'm almost two months out now. I think I was right around three weeks out when I started to feel "normal" again and to be certain that I made the right choice. Each day will get better and better. I'm sure you'll hear that a lot over the next week or two, but it really does.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

acbbrown
on 5/26/12 3:03 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I'm a year out almost and I still can't say that I love my VSG - I dont think I ever will - but I do realize that I made the right choice and saved my life. The quality of my life has - overall - improved, but I will always wish I could have done it without WLS. 

It took me a good 3-4 months to get rid of the serious buyers remorse though. I still have periodic episodes where I curse this damn surgery but mostly, I am grateful for it. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

time4me2now
on 5/26/12 7:56 am
VSG on 05/24/12
I am only 2 days post-op and have the same challenges of keeping hydrated.  Plain water just feels too harsh going down.  I tried adding crystal light and it feels so much better.  I'm also brewing hot herbal teas and adding liquid protein.  That feels good, too.  Best thing so far -- I made a batch of homemade chicken stock and froze most of it.  Feels SO good going down.

I have noticed on this forum that day 3 seems to be the hardest.  So you could just be working through a tough stage.  I'm sure things will turn around for you and you'll be so glad you did this!

HW 266  SW 243  CW 161  

cmaldavis
on 5/26/12 8:05 am - Willow Spring, NC
VSG on 05/23/12
Hopefully it gets better for all of us going forward
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op