coffee talk

collegefootballmom79
on 5/27/12 9:43 am - Hutto, TX
VSG on 10/05/10 with
There has been alot of talk about coffee on previous post.  Before my surgery I only liked the way coffee smelled, but since my surgery I have developed a taste for it.  I'm looking for different ways to use coffee and protein powder.  What's your favorite recipie?

Pkrplyr777
on 5/27/12 12:20 pm - CT
That's like mixing work and play! LOL
No protein in my coffee, unless I count the whole milk I use which to me is a given, not an expectation. LOL
\
good luck but i think Whey protein curdles in hot fluids...i think.
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
justeric78
on 5/27/12 12:41 pm - Houston, TX
I did not post in the other topic but I too have come to really love coffee when i could care less about it pre-op. Funny how easily we transfer addictions. I do not use protein in my coffee as i am able to get enough now through mostly normal means. It sounds like a god experiment though if you still have to push for it. Like the previous poster said though, you may have to search for one that does not break down. Maybe unjury? I know their chicken soup is meant to be warm and i never saw it break down.
VeronicaJ5
on 5/27/12 1:28 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Home brewed coffee doesn't get hot enough to curdle it. Unless you french press... Boiling water/coffee/tea will. I've used plain vanilla many ways in fruit smoothies, coffee frappes , hot coffee, even hot tea once it chills a bit. If you do a search I'm sure you will come up with a ton.
Chalk
on 5/27/12 1:39 pm - TN
VSG on 01/09/12

I've developed a taste for coffee post op too. I've started sprinkling cinnamon on top of the grounds before it brews -- add full fat half and half -- my one indulgence every day. Sometimes a squirt or two of French vanilla sugar free Torani. That's my first cup of the day

For the second (and last) cup, I use either Nectar vanilla bean or chocolate truffle protein powder. My coffe maker does get hot enough to curdle the protein powder unless I mix it first with cold water -- just a scant 1/4 c. will mix the powder really smooth and then pour the coffe in to fill the cup. I sometimes add a couple squirts of raspberry SF syrup for a chocolate/raspberry treat.

Pre-Op Weight Loss 20 lbs ~~~~~ Surgery Weight 289

Goal weight 180  ~~~~~~  6'0"

Month 1 (21 lbs) ~~~ Month 2 (10 lbs) ~~~ Month 3 (14 lbs) ~~~ Month 4 (12 lbs) ~~~ Month 5 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 6 (11 lbs) ~~~ Month 7 (10 lbs) ~~~~ Month 8 (8 lbs) ~~~ Month 9 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 10 (6 lbs)

Goal Reached in 10 months  

MyOwnSunshine
on 5/27/12 1:50 pm
Fresh ground, french pressed coffee + Premier vanilla protein shake + Torani SF Salted Caramel syrup = YUMMMMMM!
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Feystorm
on 5/27/12 3:35 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 I have a Keurig coffee maker that I love!  I buy all kinds of different coffee flavors.  My current favorite is "Golden French Toast" with a scoop of Promasil Vanilla protein followed by Torani sugar-free syrup.

Yummmyyyy!!!

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Champadoozle
on 5/27/12 9:32 pm - Corpus Christi, TX
 I am on day 4 of pre-op liquid diet and I start my day by mixing up a serving of vanilla whey protein poweder with skim milk.  I use a hand held mixer that makes it really frothy and smooth.  I then fill a huge insulated cup with ice and pour coffee over the ice, add the protein and have a wonderfully delicious coffee house iced drink to start my day.  Seriously, it makes the start of a new day of liquids tolerable. Day four here I come! Woot! Woot! 
Kathy G.
on 5/27/12 11:19 pm - IL
I am a simple gal and use one of those tall reuseable cups.  1 minute 40 seconds in microwave, 1 scoop of vanilla protein, instant coffee, little extra flavored creamer and/or sweetner and almost as good as starbucks for a lot less with certainly a lot more of what we need.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 216 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views