How long will this last???

ladyshai27
on 5/29/12 10:21 pm - SC
 I have been stuck at the same weight for a month now. I exercise 5 days a week doing elliptical,walking,treadmill,stationary bike,toning,and Zumba.

I eat a minimum of 50 carbs,60-70 grams of protein,about 800-900 calories a day bc of the exercise,i get my water in at least 70oz.

What can I do te get the pounds to start dropping again?

I started at 249,now Im 189, my goal is 165... HELP!
dec721
on 5/29/12 10:50 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
You don't say what your carbs are, but if they are in the form of simple carbs, cut them out.  Get all your carbs from vegetables.  Up your (lean) protein, drink more water.  But most of all, keep up the good work!  You are doing great!
--Dorothy 

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Happy966
on 5/29/12 10:57 pm

I am a little skeptical of how applicable my experience is to others, but I think I do better on the same calories, but shifting more of them to protein and fat, and less to carbs.  I try for 80g at least these days. 

Also, I was stalled for about 2 months (March and April) - the first month was my eating, but the second month was definitely "not my fault."  Then I lost 13 pounds the next month (May).  So, trust the process, and trust that your body is doing what it needs to do.  I really think I must need these periods of no loss so I can get my head wrapped around all the changes.

I also tell myself I'm not in a hurry, that my job is to eat right and exercise and let the weight take care of itself.  Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

rhearob
on 5/29/12 11:15 pm - TN
 Stick to your plan!  The weight will come off.  Stalls just happen, usually at the most infuriating times.  For me the big ones seem to occur at every 50 lbs or so.  Just to mess with my head they also seem to happen near milestones.  For the past 5 days, I have been playing up and down around 211.

I try to avoid all of the different "redipes" for breaking stalls.  Just like our weight loss they are so individual.  Some people boost calories, others water, some protein, or a combination of all of the above.  In my experience the only proven stall buster is time.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

seeingmyselfthere
on 5/30/12 12:04 am
VSG on 03/07/12
 i totally agree. i hit a stall about 4 weeks out that lasted about 2 weeks - i lost a little over the next 2 but then it picked back up to about a pound a day. i know you've probably already heard this but it was true for me - during that time of no pounds lost on the scale i lost the most inches overall.  i just stuck to my plan (which is very structured because that's what works for me) and the pounds eventually started falling off again.

one thing's for sure - there is no way you can be eating 800-900 calories a day and exercising 5 days a week - getting in your water and watching your carbs and not lose. i try to avoid making drastic changes if what i'm doing already is what i should be doing (only you know that). it's frustrating i know - but just stay the course - your body will have no choice but to let he pounds go.

Shagdoll
on 5/30/12 12:55 am
The closer I get to goal, the slower the weight is coming off. I think I have had more stalls this year than I deserve BUT we just gotta keep sticking to the diet plan that works for us. I know it's frustrating but we just got to keep plugging away. I know I will eventually get there and so will you!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views