Two months out, lots of changes

ZanneWA
on 5/31/12 4:16 am - Port Townsend, WA
VSG on 03/27/12
 Hi all,

I'm two months out from my VSG.  Five days after surgery my husband of 7 years informed me that he wanted a divorce (he wanted a fat wife!)  I've since moved back to my home state of MN, and am staying temporarily with my son and daughter-in-law.  I'm looking forward to creating a new life for myself here, and have a job interview tomorrow!  After I land a job the next thing is to find a condo.  I'm looking for one with an indoor pool and exercise room.  I haven't dealt with winter in MN in a LONG time, and think it will be easier for me to stick to an exercise program if I don't have to go somewhere else.

I've lost 60 lbs. since my highest weight, and  39.5 lbs. since surgery.  I've actually been too busy to be on here much lately, but I've also been too busy to fixate on weighing myself (it took me over a week to unpack my box that had the scale in it!)

My only issue seems to be that I pulled a muscle in my mid-section while moving boxes.  It isn't near any of my incision sites, but it still hurts nearly a week later.  I'm guessing I pulled a muscle?  I'm going back to WA for my 3 month followup with my surgeon, so if I'm still having trouble I'll talk to him about it then.  

It is actually quite reassuring to know that even with the upheaval in my life, I've been able to focus on my protein and water, and am doing well with food.  When I moved I packed current clothes, as well as ones I had put aside because I outgrew them.  I've now unpacked those clothes, and tried on a pair of pants last night that used to look painted on me.  Now they are loose!  It's a double-edged sword, love blowing through the bigger sizes, but with job hunting, I have to have a decent wardrobe.  Nice problem to have though!

Zanne
 HW: 417; SW: 396.5; CW: 328.6.

louisamay
on 5/31/12 4:22 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Holy cow.  What a jerk.  I suppose you already knew that, though.

What fabulous success you're having!  And you're building yourself an amazing new life.  You go, girl!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

momsy55
on 5/31/12 4:23 am - ME
Sounds like things are going well and you're moving forward.  Good for you!  It's hard to make life changes, and I applaud your determination.  Keep us posted on your progress!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Shagdoll
on 5/31/12 4:23 am
Zanne, I just want to say that I give you a lot of credit for staying so postive and focused through this difficult time. I hope you feel better from your pulled muscle.
Good luck to you!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

ERnurseMN
on 5/31/12 4:24 am - MN
Welcome to MN! Born and raised in MN myself. If you are interested I can point you to some support groups. Not sure where you are located but let me know if you are interested.

CW 232 SW 219    m1-17 m2-14 m3-13 m4-6 m5-9  
ZanneWA
on 5/31/12 7:53 am - Port Townsend, WA
VSG on 03/27/12
 Thanks for the welcome home!  I'm in Bloomington, and would love to find a support group in the metro area. I'll also new to find a new surgeon to take over my care.  I expect that will depend on my insurance.
 HW: 417; SW: 396.5; CW: 328.6.

zmwalker
on 5/31/12 4:30 am - GA
VSG on 05/15/12
You are going to do okay. I got rid of 260 lbs of excess on 4/15/00, it wasn't easy but I left that heavy load. Best decision outside of Christ of my life. You are going to be better than okay...

Livin' my life like it's GOLDEN...

chiefsgirl3
on 5/31/12 4:35 am - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
I'm happy that you are so positive!  What an inspiration to us all!  And I agree, what a jerk!  (sorry, had to say it.)

Kat1313
on 5/31/12 5:20 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
You go, girl!  You're amazing and such an inspiration.  Thanks for sharing your story.
Kathy
MonaLyssa33
on 5/31/12 5:56 am - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 02/20/17
I'm sorry to hear about your divorce, but it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.

This last winter in Minnesota was so mild, it was brown throughout the season it felt like.  Can you switch your doctors to one at the Park Nicollet clinics in St. Louis Park?  That's where I go for my surgery stuff.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views