Reaching Goals

Maggie71
on 6/2/12 3:56 am - MI
 I have reached my doctor's goal, which is huge for me.  Now I am setting my own goal of 165 lbs.
If you are sitting on the edge, It was the best thing I've ever done for myself.
Had the sleeve on July 13, 2011 and have lost 90 lbs.  I went through the program at Beaumont Hospital, in Royal Oak, MI.   Dr. Chengilis was great.  They have helped every step of the way.

I just went for a three mile walk and a bike ride and nothing hurts.  I was at a place of no return and didn't think I was ever going to feel better.  Hang in there if you just got sleeved.  Your in for a great ride!  Now I'm terrified of gaining weight and have been very careful, monitoring what I'm eating.
Good Luck and just for the record, I'm 59 and my only regret is....should of had it done earlier.

maggie

moonglo82
on 6/2/12 4:04 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Wow! Great job!

My husband says the same thing... his only regret is not doing this sooner.

Congrats on making such a huge milestone

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Donna B.
on 6/2/12 4:33 am
i enjoyed reading your post.  Thank you for sharing your experience.  It is very encouraging.  I am at the point where i am increasing exercise, especially weight/strength exercise as i was reminded that with my weight loss that i am more at risk for osteoporosis. 

Your post is so encouraging!  You are doing great!  Great attitude, feeling good, staying active and sticking to good eating habits -- good example for us!

Congratulations on your achievement!

55 y.o.    5'4"      HW: 180's      CW: 127      Doctor's GW: 130           My GW:  117        

~ working on reaching goal again after regain            

Shagdoll
on 6/2/12 5:16 am
My surgeon wanted me to get to 175 & yay I passed that. Off to my goal too ... Let's just hope I am happy when I get there. if not, the sleeve will help me get to where I wanna be. Good luck to us both!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

louisamay
on 6/2/12 8:42 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I totally understand.  I'm a year behind you, but I looked at myself and my deteriorating physical body and realized that I could either do something drastic to regain my health and vitality, or I would just continue the downhill slide for the rest of my life.

Thanks for your inspiring story!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Crissy327
on 6/2/12 11:07 am - NC
Hey friend! 

I had my surgery right about when you did. I have lost almost the same weight during that time too!

I am sooo with you. I went roller skating today! For 2 hours straight. No pain! That would never have happened before. I love my sleeve!!!! The best thing ever!!

Congrats on your success! A toast to us!! What a great year it's been eh?

On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views