Day 1 of pre-op liquids

Elaine N.
on 6/2/12 9:10 am - Hiddenite, NC
VSG on 06/12/12
 ...and I hate it already....lol.  But I am determined to make it through.  Just sent
hubby to store for sugar free popsicles and more Propel and hoping that helps
me through.  I've got sugar free jello ready to make but saving it for when I'm really
desperate.  Anyone got any more tricks of the trade?

God will turn our weakness into strength.
MHarmon76
on 6/2/12 10:13 am
VSG on 06/12/12
My husband and I are on day 5.... for me, the worst days were days 3 and 4. The trick for me is to not go very long before eating/drinking something. The broth is a life saver when the sweetness of the protein shakes gets to be too much. Good Luck, you can do this!
DOS: 06/12/2012 

donmarie
on 6/2/12 10:20 am - Canada
VSG on 06/11/12
 I'm on day 7 and believe me it will get easier. I now have to force myself to get my full amount of protein, soup, etc because I just have had enough and my appetite is nil.  It will pass by before you know it. Good luck, hang in there. 

savaughn87
on 6/2/12 10:43 am - IL
VSG on 06/21/12
I don't start my pre-op diet until the 15th, but I was planning on adding protein powder to sugar free jello and to crystal light and freezing into mini pops in ice cube trays. Good luck! 
Back-To-Amy
on 6/2/12 2:33 pm - Coppell, TX
 It really is hardest in the beginning and does get easier. I promise. It's hard to believe that in the beginning, but hang in there and you'll be amazed. I'm on day 12 of 14 and have been doing great since about day 4. You can read more specifics on my blog if you wish. You will see there that day 2 was AWFUL for me and how much easier it got. 

Best of luck to you on your journey!
 ~Amy

Only when you assume full accountability for your thoughts, feelings, actions and results can you direct your own destiny; otherwise, someone or something else will. 
----------------------------------------------
Check out my blog:
http://myjourneytoamy.blogspot.com/
erikalea1970
on 6/3/12 7:13 am - NJ
VSG on 06/11/12
Are you allowed to have vegetables? Those have helped me a lot - crunching on a piece of celery feels soooooo good right now. But if not, alternating between sweet and savory tastes has also kept me happy. I try each day to get in at least one hot tea and several soups (either plain broth, Unjury Chicken Soup protein, or for my plan, all-veggie soup.) These two weeks will be over before you know it - I can't believe I'm already on day 7, and down 9 pounds. Good Luck!!!!!!!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views