10 month post op check up

LilAllen80
on 6/6/12 11:36 am
Went for my check up today.  Down to 201.8.  Everything was fine except for my vitamin D level which was a little low.  Dr. put me on 50,000 mg of Vitamin D once per week for 12 weeks. 

Then I bragged to her that I have already passed the weight that she thought I would reach by my 1 year surgiversary (which was 220, reached that within 6 months post op).  Now she wants me to go down to 150 for my height.    I havent been 150 since I was probably 11-12 years old.  I am so worried that I will not look "healthy" at that weight.  I told her that I would really like to stop at 175 (that would be 203 lbs lost), she says that would still be too heavy. 

I am trying not to make my fears overtake me but I am not sure I can lose that much and feel confident about how I look.

debgwoody
on 6/6/12 11:44 am
Wow !! Congrats on a job well done. Don't fret you will know when you have reached what you think is good for you . Enjoy your success!!

Life isn't about the breaths we take but the moment's that take our breath away!!  
LilAllen80
on 6/6/12 12:03 pm
 Thanks for the support :) 

ERnurseMN
on 6/6/12 12:29 pm - MN
I think the same thing. You have lost an incredible amount of weight and I think your body will let you know.

CW 232 SW 219    m1-17 m2-14 m3-13 m4-6 m5-9  
Kevin H.
on 6/6/12 1:04 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Those suggested weight charts that they put out seem very unreasonable to me.  I agree with you .. if i was to go down to what the chart says I think I would look sick and unhealthy as well.  

SleeveRockn Chic
on 6/6/12 1:23 pm
 Congrats on your successYou rocked your sleeve.  How tall are you??? I told my nut my own personal goal was 150 and she told me that I would be better aimed at 160-170 being 5'8" because I might look too skinny at 150 esp. since I am big boned lol  We'll see where my body seems to settle and I know I'll probably be carrying atleast 20lb of skin that won't go anywhere without surgery.  Kerry 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

LilAllen80
on 6/6/12 9:35 pm
Thanks so much!!  I am 5'4" but big boned too.  

Yup, I am thinking I'm probably carrying that much skin too, especially on my arms  they look like major wings.  lol maybe when I get down to 175 and then do my nips and tucks I will be down to the weight doc wants me to be.
Knit1
on 6/6/12 2:55 pm - WA
Fantastic! What a great accomplishment to have surpassed your first major goal! There are so many varying opinions about goal weight, that I'm planning to just try to listen to my body when I get that close. My primary goal is a healthy BMI. Good luck with your continuing success!!!
In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet. Erma Bombeck  

Surgery Date: 5/10/12       Ht: 5'2"       Age: 55
goingforit1
on 6/6/12 3:02 pm
VSG on 02/04/12 with
I think as long as you feel good and are at a healthy BMI (or close to it) then do what feels best at the time. I kind of had in mind that I would be rockin at 160 (I'm down to 175 now) but decided to talk to my dr today about a healthy weight goal. He said 160 would still be overweight (I'm 5'5) and that I needed to aim for about 145. I seriously cannot imagine myself that thin but that's a healthy BMI (even near the top of healthy range) so I'll just do what I can and see what my body does in response. That gives me 8 months (my 1 yr surgiversary) to drop another 30 lbs which seems doable but I still have doubts that my body will go that low after being so heavy for so many years. I haven't been that low since right after high school graduation! (22 yrs ago!)

BUT, I will still be happy if I drop more weight even if I can't make it that low. I just want to feel good in my skin and I'm actually already there. Could I feel even better? YES. But I'm not going to be depressed if I don't hit a magic number. All I can do is my best and see where I land!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views