4 days po, home safe from MX.

bethmalone
on 6/8/12 2:15 am
 Well Its friday.  Its all over.  Got home last nite. And I slept til 1030! I havent done that in years.  But I'm sure its jet lag from all the traveling yesterday.  My ankles are swollen and I thought it would be gone after a good nites rest, but no, still jigglypuff ankles for me.  My only pain is when I stand up/sit down. But if I remember to hold my stomach as I move, its less painful. Tried my first protein powder this am.  Strawberry/banana.  I put it in some water and it was pretty boring.  I added one splenda and a cpl drops of mio water flavoring and its pretty tasty.  I can drink cold/hot, so far my sleeve lets me drink whatever I'm allowed to have.  I have MAJOR sinus headaches and struggle without taking pills.  I did crush some, and actually chewed them up at the airport yesterday.  When I wake up in the am my eyes are almost swollen closed.  I guess I'm holding a lot of fluid or something.  I've had really calm, uneventful revision. No throat pain, no stomach pain.   Other than my band was sutured to my stomach 100x more than it should have been which made my surgery 4 instead of 2 hours.  

Not feeling hunger, if i do feel something I eat a tums and drink water, it quiets down after that.  I did weigh more when I got home that pre-op, but I couldn't care less.  I'm not at all concerned with #s right now, just making sure I stay hydrated and recover. I've searched and tried to put my surgeons name and date on my profile, but cant seem to find how to do it.  Also, every time I try to post a pic it always says its too large of a file to download. any suggestions?

Luvnall3
on 6/8/12 2:44 am
Congrats on your surgery. Glad all went well. I am seriously trying to avoid  traveling to get mine done, for those reasons. I hate traffic and flying. Seems like your doing great!
As far as the surgeon posting, I think you may go through the icon at the top of your screen that says "MY OH". Click on that and go to profile. I believe through there you can list your surgeon. Dont forget to click save! I am still new here and getting the hang of everything, buy worth a try!

As far as posing a pic. I too have not managed to get a picture for my profile. Tried a dozen!! Same message each time - that its too large of pic file. So I'm right there with ya on that confusion! lol. I will watch  & see what other say to do.
Glad you are doing well and wish you a speedy recovery.

31 yrs. old~Height : 5'4" HW: 265 * SW: 263 * CW: 181 * GW: 160

Desari63
on 6/8/12 3:06 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
I had mine done in Juarez and drove to El Paso where the shuttle met us. As for coming home, since I had no pain at all from my surgery, other than stopping ever couple of hours to stretch out my legs and uncurl the stomach, it was all good. Traveling is not bad if you prepare for the trip home properly. Some people have said that flying is not great because of the changes in altitude and the bumpness but everyone is different...

Just glad you're home safe and sound and the surgery went well. What strawberry/banana protein are you on? Sounds yummy so I thought I would try and find it here in Texas too...

Keep posting and let us know how things are going!

Barbara McKeown

mauigirl2
on 6/8/12 4:55 pm - kihei, HI
Just recently in Juarez.... it's pretty dangerous there right now I thought...
Glad you are safe and sound.  I used to love to go to Juarez.

bethmalone
on 6/8/12 5:08 am
 its from GNC. whey protein.
Desari63
on 6/8/12 7:34 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Thanks..I just got some Elite Whey/Casin Blend and it's Chocolate Peanut Butter....sounds yummy..now lets see if I can screw it up as I have never made a smoothie before..LOL!

Let you know how it goes...thinking about adding a banana and some more low fat peanut butter for taste...hmmm....mmmmmmm.

Barbara McKeown

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 286 views