Looking for a cheap compression gament to hide the problem areas?

justeric78
on 6/10/12 12:42 am - Houston, TX
Believe it or not I went to Walmart and found some descent compression vests. They are made by starter and are in the athletic section. I was already there to get some running shorts/shirts and made this find. They are made to be under shirts for athletes so they do not jiggle. If you watch baseball you will probably see some sticking out from under their shirts. They are only 10-12 bucks depending on size! I have been wearing it so I dont smack myself in the face while running due to the giant mud flaps on my chest. It works extraordinarily well! They come in black/white and long/short sleeve. I hope it helps someone else.

rhearob
on 6/10/12 12:47 am - TN
 I know what you mean.  Surprisingly I also found some really cheap at the local Calvin Klein outlet.  I have been using those.  I like the ones with sleeves when I am running to also keep the bat wings from taking flight.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Jaybee766
on 6/10/12 1:06 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
I'm wondering if a woman can wear them since in the ladies department i haven't seen ANY in "plus" size.   Hmmm......I may need to go on a walmart run today!
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

justeric78
on 6/10/12 1:11 am - Houston, TX
I would imagine that it would work for a female as well. I just asked my wife and she said it would depending on your chest size. I have a good size myself and it still hugs my chest, stomach, and waist very well. I saw them go up to a 2x and you should buy one size smaller then your shirt so up to a 3x should be able to get them there.

julesGA
on 6/10/12 1:37 am - Brunswick, GA
 I am having the same issue.  I am still quite busty and my stomach is flappy. I can find compression pants with no problem but haven't had much luck with tops.   Please let me know how they work for you! :)

tripmom02
on 6/10/12 1:40 am - NJ
 Control It goes into the plus sizes, and they have a top that is open at the front so you can wear it with your own bra (and doesn't squish the girls).

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

julesGA
on 6/10/12 6:13 am - Brunswick, GA
 How are they for working out?  That's the real problem I have.  I have found super-high waisted briefs for under my clothes by they would chafe like crazy while working out.    Even the compression pants don't really support my flappy gut when I am runnng. 

tripmom02
on 6/10/12 7:18 am - NJ
 They are no good for working out, trap too much sweat! 

This is what I wear for working out - 

The pants are high waisted and keep the thighs/butt area from flapping around - 

http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-womens-running-capri- pants-assorted-colors/-/A-13184020 

and the shirt smooths me out all the way down to the hips and keeps everything tight while I am running. 

http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-womens-shapewear-athl etic-tank-assorted-colors/-/A-13943731  

They go up to a size 2x on the website and I find that they fit very true to size, so whatever t-shirt size you are wearing, I would suggest you get that size in these (or go and see if they have them in the store so you can try them on!). 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

julesGA
on 6/10/12 7:43 am - Brunswick, GA
 I have the same pants in the capri and knee length version and I do like them. I think my gut is just beyond help.  :(   I haven't seen those tanks at the store in my town, I will order a couple and see how they do.  Thanks! 

happyteacher
on 6/10/12 1:47 am
 I bought a version from either Sams or Costco.  You wear it in conjunction with your bra, and it works well.  Cost is reasonable also.  I think it went up to 2x there. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views