My fitness pal

stephintexas
on 6/10/12 5:19 am
OK moment of truth. I find myself keeping my food profile private so people won't see what I actually eat every day. Isn't this kind of like sneaking into the pantry and eating a cookie? I mean, I don't pretend to eat perfectly but why am I dodging this? Is it typical to not want people to see and judge? Or am I still hiding? 

I know normal is different for everyone but I thought I'd ask and see if there is a trend with this. I am seriously trying very hard to be authentic and stop kidding myself.

AnnMarie
on 6/10/12 5:26 am
VSG on 04/10/12
ok so if this is truth time--I opened, closed, opened, etc my food diary on MFP (emmilline)and now I just don't log when I eat poorly. Now THAT'S lame, lol We need a KANN committment to MFP to hold us accountable! ok, here goes (deep breath,no coughing)

I WILL ACCURATELY DOCUMENT ALL FOOD AND LIQUID INTAKE INTO MY FITNESS PAL ON A DAILY BASIS REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OR QUANITIY INGESTED.

I think I'm gonna be losing some respect in the OH world. *grin
Also, I will report this in its own thread so my hijack isn't quite as bad (?) Thanks for the inspiration, Steph! Nice loss, too my dear!

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

ERnurseMN
on 6/10/12 5:28 am - MN
I post my food diary.....not many people do. I like to look at what other people are eating for ideas, not to be critical.

CW 232 SW 219    m1-17 m2-14 m3-13 m4-6 m5-9  
rhearob
on 6/10/12 5:43 am - TN
 I am completely open with mine - I restrict it to friends, but I never turn down a friend request.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

julesGA
on 6/10/12 5:46 am, edited 6/10/12 5:46 am - Brunswick, GA
 Steph, I do the same thing for the same reason.   I sometimes feel I am in competition with the "600 calories- 2 shakes- one meal" people..and I just can't do that. Even though I am losing weight and working out I still feel ashamed that I am a 1000 calorie/day person.  Haven forbid if I eat a cookie, I really don't want them to see that!

Disclamer: I have no truck with the super low-cal folks. I admire the heck out of them.  I just hate not living up to their standard.  

AnnMarie
on 6/10/12 5:51 am, edited 6/10/12 5:52 am
VSG on 04/10/12
ok so my team says 800-1000 calories a day, 70-85 protein, no more than 20 carbs per meal.No shame in that! 

I can easily go over that but rarely do.

Let's establish our own individual standards, working with our team....not over achiiever person a, super skinny person b, cheating person x. y or z....but our own!

YES WE KANN!

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

julesGA
on 6/10/12 6:16 am - Brunswick, GA
I'm in!  :)

stephintexas
on 6/10/12 6:01 am
I feel the same way! But..when I do look at other people's diary, I look for inspiration and examples, I never think "OMG that pig!" but I guess food shame and my own shame at dragging on this plan is manifesting in this wierd way

julesGA
on 6/10/12 6:18 am - Brunswick, GA
  I'm the same way, I don't ever think that about other people,.all of my MFP friends put me to shame with their intake anyway.    

Jaybee766
on 6/10/12 6:53 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
i just recently figured out how to open mine and so now it's open.  I do hate when I overeat but usually will log it.  Haven't heard any comments though.  (thank heavens) and I'm not sure how I would react if I did. I don't recall asking for feedback on my eating.....I AM responsible to and for myself though.  I just know that I"m not motivated by criticism from others.  I  know that works for some people but it just shuts me down completely.  I too was stalled until I upped my calories and that worked for me but I KNOW there are plenty of peple who disagree.  I have to simply do my best and take one day at a time and make my food decisions ONE AT A TIME - every single day.  I'm right here with you all!  (Jaybee766 on MFP too!)
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views