Process seems slow!!!

mjs620
on 6/11/12 11:47 am
I started the process of wls in March and I'm just this week finally seeing the surgeon and then I have to wait for a second authorization for surgery approval from my insurance co, I'm just so anxious to get going here with this, I love reading all the positive, inspiring post and viewing all the pics of  people who are doing so well and feel so much healthier! I have never been this weight in my life and it hurts to walk, it hurts to do ANYTHING! So here i sit anxiously awaiting surgery....who would have ever thought I would be anxious to have surgery??? Can't wait to rock my sleeve with y'all.....:)
kam0520
on 6/11/12 12:02 pm - AL
I understand how you feel!  It seemed like we would NEER be done with our 6 month diet, then I thought I'd never get the approval.  My hubby and I did everything together and his info was sent but mine wasn't, and of course it was Christmas time and so I ended up having to wait even longer to get my approval!  But, don't worry, it WILL happen and all this waiting will seem like a blip on the radar when you are on this side of it.  

GOOD LUCK!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
mjs620
on 6/11/12 10:44 pm
Thank you, I know surgery will be here soon! I know some people wait a lot longer too! How are you and hubby doing now? That is awesome that you and he did wls together!
kam0520
on 6/12/12 7:47 am - AL
We are doing great!  Each have lost about 135lbs.  
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/12 12:23 pm
Hey, why wait to start rockin' it? I loved getting ready for surgery by losing some weight (not tons) and starting all my vitamins, adding protein, reducing carbs, and slowly walking (because, damn, it hurt to walk more than across the yard or down the hall at work). I was really the healthiest I'd been in a long time when I had my VSG and I think it made my recovery so much easier. So, stop sitting and get started. YOU CAN DO IT! 
Have fun getting ready. I hope you love it as much as I did.

mjs620
on 6/11/12 10:46 pm
Thanks for the advice, great words of encouragement there and I will start now! I worry about the recovery and your right getting prepped now will help tremendously!
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/12 1:28 am
I believe that the more prepared you are for your surgery, the better your recovery will be. If you're prepped with a good diet that's high in protein, your vitamin regiment understood and down, and down some pounds you'll do great. I found that having done those things really helped my attitude, too, which many in the medical field attribute to better, easier, and quicker recovery times. Glad to hear you're going to go for it!
BIGGY
on 6/12/12 3:14 am - Tulsa, OK
VSG on 07/24/12
i know how you feel I been there two  times already.First ins. said they werent covering wls after i had done all my doctor appts and thats not cheap at all. Now i have the money and have to do all the testing all over again. Plus must lose 47 pounds before being able to get the surgery =/ i have lost a little but i have 25lbs more to go. But I also cant give up because I want to tell a story one day how i was so big and now iam a size 5 and I know one day I will tell that story and i will be able to go back to sixflags like when i was a teen

HW:375 (04/02/12) 
SW:339 (07/
24/12)
CW:244 (11/13/14)

mjs620
on 6/12/12 9:44 am
good luck with everything! and you'll be running thru six flags! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 354 views