Did anyone feel hungry right out of surgery??

sunshine777
on 6/14/12 1:55 pm
VSG on 06/12/12
I had surgery on Tuesday and when I woke in the recovery room I was HUNGRY. I got mild nausea from the meds right after I was wheeled up to my room. Morphine made me vomit when I had a c-section (3 months ago) so I had the nurse request a different pain med to avoid it. My surgeon gave me something else and I have been fine. I still feel hungry or at least think I do. The bariatric nurse who came to talk to me who also has had WLS said she was hungry right after too. Did anyone else feel hungry after surgery?
Moniachelle
on 6/14/12 2:10 pm
VSG on 05/22/12
I was extremly thristy!!! at 3 weeks post op im just starting to get a little hungry..

Bea86
on 6/14/12 2:20 pm
VSG on 05/14/12
I had realy bad head hunger the first 9 days on the liquid diet. Once I had puree I was fine and its been great ever since. On liquid diet every food ad drove me crazy but now I see food and it makes m sick to think how much I used to eat and what normal serving portions sizes are. It will get better, once you put food into your sleeve you will understand best of the luck to you!

ALAN J.
on 6/14/12 6:23 pm
Agree with everyone above, mine was all head hunger and the TV adds did not help at all... it will get better.

Highest WGT-295, Surgery WGT-295, Goal WGT-215 - 80LB LOST in 8 months!

Boppie2012
on 6/15/12 4:30 am - Dunedin, FL
I thought I was experiencing hunger right after surgery but it was acid reflux. I'm on protonix now and don't have those feelings anymore. Talk to your surgeon.
carleneyy
on 6/15/12 1:34 pm
It very well could be hunger. I was hungry & still am! This is a surgery that is not efforless for me at all. I feel like I am on a diet because this long out I can eat a lot, even almost as much as I did before I had my surgery. Just keeping it real.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 220 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 300 views